So I was not going to post again until I had my Part 2 done of our story.
Ahem.
Well, I just had to share with you all! :)
Ok, so I am a self-proclaimed thrift store addict person who loves a good bargain.
The place to get the best bargains I have found are thrift stores.
Today I went on a thrift store trip with my Mom
who has inspired me to live frugally.
I grew up watching her buy food for us to eat
and clothes for us to wear.
She always knows where the bargains
and clearances are.
Over the years I have watched her, through frugal living,
save our family literally thousands upon
thousands of dollars.
Now that I am going to be married
I want to continue that same life style of living frugally.
It is like a game.
You go into the store and see the best bargains you can get
and how much money you can save.
So today I went into the thrift store looking for things
for Jason and I.
The Lord blessed it for sure!
| Our set for the sand ceremony for our wedding instead of spending $70 dollars on it. |
| Seven more glasses to add to our collection of six exact same set we had bought earlier! |
| Pyrex bread pan and a Parmesan cheese holder. |
| Two napkins, a dishtowel and a table runner. |
| Five more cloth napkins. |
| Old Navy PJ shorts for yours truly. Aero t-shirt and Old Navy Polo for Jason. |
| Arizona and Wrangler dress shirts for Jason. |
| Home Interiors Candle |
The grand total came up to:
$35.04.
How much did I spend?
Well I am glad you asked.
After a gift certificate I had gotten from my man for Christmas,
the $0.99 cent tags
and the 50% off tags
the grand total was:
$8.00.
How neat is that?
Name brand stuff and you would never know the difference!
What a blessing it was today :)
So I thought I would share that with you all!
What are your favorite places to find deals?
Do you have any advice for frugal living?
I am really wanting to get into couponing
does anyone have any advice on were a good place to start is?
Blessings to you all :)











4 comments:
If you haven't already, bookmark this site: http://moneysavingmom.com/ She's got lots on couponing and other ways to save money.
Katie
I'm not good at the couponing things, but my mother is VERY VERY VERY good at it!!!
She gets great deals at shop rite, rite aid, cvs and walgreens.
I'll send you an email with some links she told me.
(I saw this post and I went to ask her for you!)
Your sis, Rebecca
"The Coupon Mom's Guide to Cutting Your Grocery Bill in Half"
http://www.amazon.com/Coupon-Guide-Cutting-Grocery-Bills/dp/1583333681
My mother bought this book and loved it, said it was a big help.
Living Rich with Coupons
http://www.livingrichwithcoupons.com/
my mom gets alot of deals here.
Money Saving Mom
http://moneysavingmom.com/
another favorite site of my mom's
Coupon Mom
http://www.couponmom.com/
If i remember correctly you can get printable coupons here.
I don't know what stores you have where you will be living. But my mom gets great deals at the Shope Rite, Rite Aide, CVS and Walgreen sites and stores. If you ever have a question, feel free to email it to me and I can ask her for you!!! Maybe someday I can get the hang of it. Justin's pretty good at it. And we are both frugal-minded.
~Rebecca
Gotta love awesome finds at thrift stores!! :)
Hey Katy I'm praying for you and your wedding planning! Luv u girl!
Post a Comment