Hey all :)
So today was a day that was just...full of choices. I started out restless. In body, mind and soul. Into the afternoon I finally decided that instead of wandering aimlessly around I would make the most of it. So, I went upstairs got out my Bible, Journal and Book and started to spend time with the Lord. WOW! IT WAS AWESOME!
Because it was so awesome I thought I would share some of my thoughts with you.
I am reading an amazing book called "I would die for you" which tells the amazing story of BJ Higgins a boy that knew what it meant to live his life for Jesus Christ alone. As I was reading this quote really made me stop and ponder:
"What is of great concern to me: the inauthenticity of people in general...God is not religion, He is reality. God did not intend for us to be religious; He intended for us to follow Him...we should just try to get to know God, not just follow meaningless rules. We should also try to show others that God is far beyond these religious traditions and droning sermons. We should show them and b an example to them about how truly fulfilling, satisfying, amazing, and real God is when He is known and worshiped in true authenticity."
~BJ Higgins
~"What is of great concern to me"~School assignment~2005
So I read that quote and then I started pondering what it meant to truly be an example to others around us. About what a true relationship with Jesus Christ should looks like. Then I started thinking about whether or not people would see an example of what a true relationship with Jesus Christ looks like if they looked at my own personal life. Then I started thinking about what my life should look like. That was when the conviction started.
I desire more than anything else that when people would look at me ,whether they have known me 12 years or 12 minutes, and would see Jesus Christ shining out of me. I desire my life to be a living sacrifice for my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
So here I am pondering and musing and thinking and reading and journaling (which always helps me think more clearly about something) and I came across these verses:
"I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service (He died for me the LEAST I can do is live for Him). And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God." (Romans 12:1-2)
So often we can grumble and complain about serving the Lord. So often we can have excuse after excuse about why we "can't" give our all to Him and yet-HE GAVE HIS ALL FOR US!
Here are some quotes I wanted to share with ya'll:
"Decide (choose) not to ride the fence,
dividing your intersts
between God and the things
of the world.
Decide (choose) that God will
OWN your heart.
Trust Him and be willing to admit
when you are
wrong."
(Unknown)
It all boils down to a choice! Daily choosing WHO WE ARE GOING TO LIVE FOR. Ourselves? Or Christ?
"The reason some of us
are such poor
specimens of Christianity
is because we have
no Almighty Christ.
We have Christian
attributes and experiences,
but there is no
ABANDONMENT
to Jesus Christ."
(Oswald Chambers)
Have you ever stopped to consider what a difference it would make if each and every child of God started living their lives in TOTAL ABANDONMENT to Jesus Christ? If instead of living our lives looking no different then the world around us we CHOSE to be different and to be LIVING SACRIFICES for our God? Have you ever thought about what would happen if the young generation (OUR generation) stood up for Christ and were not ashamed to live for Him alone?
I have been thinking about it a lot...I know that I want to be 110% surrendered to Christ but not only when I am with others, oh no, when I am at home with my family and when I am all by myself. Every single second of my day needs to be lived for Jesus Christ...to honor and glorify and lift up HIS precious name...
"As a Christian:
'Your life is hid
with Christ.
You are not your own.
You have no time of your own,
no money of your own.
CHRIST
MUST
BECOME
YOUR
COMPLETE
MASTER.'"
(Leonard Ravenhill)
So yeah. I would have to say that this afternoon was yet another turning point in my life. My deepest desire is to live and breathe my precious Lord and Savior Jesus Christ...to live 110% for Him...to be a living sacrifice for Him...to honor and glorify HIM every single second of the day whether I am in a crowd of 100 people or whether I am alone in my room...He is so precious to me it is time I start living like He is.
So yeah...just thought I would share that with ya'll :) Today was awesome! OH and I got to finish my 12th prayer journal since March 2004 which is always really exciting :)
Blessings to you all!
PS: Pics and video will be coming I finally found my camera cord but then I lost my camera...sigh only I...lol :-p
14 years ago











2 comments:
Will add that book to my reading list! I am quite impressed that you could go thru that much paper in 3 years! Keep it up!
That is awesome Katy. I have been praying for your health and for your mind. I know you stumble, but are striving to please the LORD. One thing I have found to be helpful in keeping my eyes on the LORD throughout the day is by saying blessings - blessing the LORD for the things he has given me. When I turn on the water I say "blessed is He who provides running water" or when one of the little ones is being annoying "Blessed is He who gives me patience and love" etc. Doing this has really kept my attitude right and my focus. Maybe it is something that would also do for you.
HUGS!
Post a Comment