Followers

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Do you have empty hands?


So, these past few weeks trying to transition to being back at home have been hard. I have been dealing with some things that are very dear to my heart that ,while I know they are good, I also know that now is not the Lord's timing. I ended up just dropping to my knees tonight and pouring out my heart to my God. Amidst the tears I realized that once again I had a choice to my SO I CHOSE to keep trusting that HIS WAYS AND HIS TIMING ARE PERFECT and almost immediately after I once again surrendered my wants and my desires to my Lord I was going through my blogs that I read and found this quote on Ruby Jeweled Maidens. I was so blessed by it that I thought I would share it with you all:

"One by one God took them from me,
All the things I valued most,
Till I was empty-handed,
Every glittering toy was lost.
And I walked earth's highways grieving
In my rags and poverty,
Till I heard His voice inviting:
"Lift those empty hands to Me".
So I turned my hands toward heaven,
And He filled them with a store
Of His own transcendent riches
Till they could contain no more.
And at last I comprehended,
With my stupid mind and dull
That God could not pour His riches
Into hands already full."
~Anonymous Poet

Is God asking you to surrender anything to Him today? It may seem so hard to let go of things at the time BUT we serve a God who, while He did not promise that our Christian walk would be easy, DID promise that He would be with us every single step (no matter how painful) of the way. HE DOES GIVE US GRACE! I love this verse:

"And God is able to make all grace abound toward you, that you, always having all sufficiency in all things, may have an abundance for every good work." (2 javascript:void(0)Corinthians 9:8)

I love the imagery of empty hands...I know that I have been clinging to some things but now...they are empty and raised to praise and honor and glorify my precious Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Is this type of surrender a one time thing? HAH! I wish it were! Sometimes this type of surrender is not only daily but by the hour, minute and second.

Are your hands empty today waiting to be filled by your God?

4 comments:

Jules Green said...

Hey there! Really encouraging post! I liked that poem,the ruby jeweled maiden. Thanks for the reminder of giving it over to the Lord! Yes, I do think it is a daily/hourly/minute/second surrender:)

Traci Michele said...

This is really really good, and so true! Thanks for sharing.

I found you via Like a Warm Cup of Coffee.

Nice to meet you!

Traci

Your SSA said...

How true! I really enjoyed that poem.

Hope you're doing well,
Your SSA

Deborah Ann said...

Well that was the most beautiful, God-inspired poem I have ever read! Empty hands...I'm going to meditate on that today, if I don't do anything else. Blessings!

You are invited to join my blog:

www.heavenlyhumor.blogspot.com

Need a good laugh?