Challenge #2:
Ever have one of those days when one of your sibling just...blows you away with a convicting challenge? I had one of those days a few Sundays ago.
As many of you know, my younger sister Abby had the awesome opportunity to go to Papua New Guinea with New Tribes Missions for 5 1/2 weeks this summer. About two weeks after she got home she gave a presentation of her time there in our evening service. I wanted leave you with this excerpt of her presentation to ponder:
Yes I am reposting this. Why? Well, because I kind of felt like it was a tack on to the last post and I really just wanted to focus on this PLUS it is my blog so I can do what I want! lol ;)
Even if we are not necessarily called to foreign missions what are we doing here? It is so easy to just stay in our own little comfortable Christian bubble and to not even make that much of an effort to reach the lost! What she said about only ONE man in a TWO HOUR radius being unsaved...HOW MANY PEOPLE IN OUR TWO MILE RADIUS' ARE UNSAVED? May God give us HIS heart for this dying people ALL AROUND US that are DESTINED for an eternity in hell!
What are we doing with the privilege we have been given-the GOSPEL?
What are YOU doing?
14 years ago











6 comments:
Dear friend..Katy..thank you hun for posting your sister's VIDEO..she is a true warrior of God..i always told God (at least lately)..Oh I am just a girl Lord i can't be a preacher i can't walk the streets with a bullhorn and (gospel tracks) in my hands..that's for someone else, I mean LORD, ME? ME? why me? etc etc the thoughts race my mind, but this video showed me that if your sister could talk just to a church I could do the same if not more..I mean Yes I am a girl, a woman a 30 year old woman, but I am set apart for Christ, i am his Child, i am a sinner to say the least..But i can live boldly for Him, i can tell friends and neighbors and even co-workers about God..yes I can..yes i will.."
All we have to do is answer His call, because like the 2nd video said towards the end, if we stand berfore almighty God and HE asks us and points to us.."Why did you not share the gospel with this one, and with this one, and with this one".."They are burning in hell because of your lack of zeal, NO, they are burning in hell because you just didn't GO."
--The last sentence i just felt the Lord imprinting me to say to myself and to you and to everyone.
Honestly, Katy i don't truly believe that we always have to talk of Christ and How HE can redeem us the very moment we meet someone, WE almost always need to build a relationship or a friendship first..and that will give us a chance to talk of Christ.
For some they can do the moment they meet someone, FOR me i am built differently, we are all called to different things.
Though at work sometimes i have been given the very chance of being "that Jesus" to someone in need, many times i have had customers(I work in a store), i have had customers so stressed out, so sad, some told me of their loved ones dying, another one told me how she is a nurse and how her patient had her 8 week or 8 month old baby killed in a car accident and mom lived...and the poor nurse was so frazzled, i gently told her i'll pray for her, and that she will be in my thoughts.
THen last example, one man shared something with me something that was on his heart that day...he said that his daughter had a problem with her physical heart she was 8 weeks old, and she had i think a valve or something wrong with her heart and she was going to have a open heart surgery on July 20th..i told him i'll pray and he said thank you we need all the prayer we can get.
Well after that day, i must have asked at least 15 or more folks to pray for that little baby..and 2 of my pastors too..I still have not seen that man back to my store from that day on..But at least i shared with him about God in the only way i knew how.
I can't scream Gospel to some, because i am working..and i wouldn't want to offend my boss ya know what i mean? But i use opportunities when they arise to be extra kind or extra gentle with some..and just friendly with others..I feel today for some reason or another, that I finally see WHY God put me where i am working today.
cont..
I see it crystal clear..it's to serve my community with a smile and with Jesus in my hands.
God gave me such an opportunity and sometimes i feel like i have wasted it..other times i have not..but at least i try :))
I also ask you dear friend to pray for one of my co-workers..she is not Christian, she has a lot of addictions of the flesh may i say, and she is in deep troubles...partying, drinking, boys, personal stuff of her own, Basically she needs Jesus..and a few times i hanged out with her outside of work, very rarely, and tried in my own way to tell of Jesus to her..she doesn't always listen, and she still does her own thing, But it's awesome to know that she KNOWS that i am totally sincere and that i care..and that i am a friend.She comes to me often, because she senses something different in ME..i want to scream..D It's Jesus not Jane that you see..but sad thing, sometimes i have mentioned about God to her and about His plans for her life..and she seems to blank out, other times she has cried..i don't know, all i ask my friend is pray for D....today..i can't give her name on a public forum, but pray for my dear friend..pray for her please..She needs our prayers..she is miserable..like i used to be before i met Jesus.
well this is crazy crazy LONG!!
so I gotta go..but remember You have somewhere you work, or school you go to, where you can proclaim Jesus as well..and i know you do already, just a reminder =))
and thanx for the wonderful video dear!!
have a wonderful week!
Blessings & HUGS!
In His Love and Truth,
Jane
Awesome!! Little siblings can be surprising :)
~Kendra
Hey there friend,
I'm starting a new series on FEAR.
Please stop by and join in if you'd like. I'd LOVE to have you!
http://ordinaryinspirations.blogspot.com/2009/09/saying-goodbye-4-part-series.html
awesome! i look forward to the post! :)
your friend,
abby
Can you join my blog please
Do you email me?
Let me know please
Zara
Post a Comment