Numb.
Tired.
Emotional.
Hormonal.
Sick.
Tears.
Exhaustified.
It has been one of those days.
I guess with blogging sometimes it is super
easy to just type what you want others
to know about you.
You know the things that will impress.
So sometimes it is easy to just not type when
you feel absolutely empty.
But I am.
Because even as I am sitting
here typing this I realize-
it is not about me!
I just read about
a girl and her one month
baby boy who died.
She was 15.
And here I am focusing on myself
and my "problems"?!?!
I am so thankful for a merciful heavenly Father.
Ever feel like you will never measure up?
It is ok.
Because of Jesus Christ-WE DON'T HAVE TO!
Forgiveness.
Grace.
Love.
Mercy.
I am realizing that even though I am struggling
I still need to praise Him!
So I will:
- I praise Him that tomorrow is Christmas Eve! I am so excited to be able to spend time with my family but more than that I am so so so thankful for the reason for the season-my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!
- I praise Him for putting Jason into my life. He is my love, my hero, my prince, my gift straight from God! I could never have asked for anyone better. Last night we were both sick so we curled up on the couch and watched Andy Griffiths with his brother Matt. It was great. I love doing even the small things with that man. I absolutely adore him and I just...am in awe at how the Lord has worked in our relationship! Yesterday I was able to update the website (click here) and the blog (click here) for Jason the Juggler. Because of school I had been unable to spend time managing his business and now I can which I am so excited about! Prayers would be appreciated for that for sure! :)
- I am so thankful for the American Gospel Tour team! We are leaving for Florida in less that two weeks and I am so excited to see what the Lord does in the time that we are gone!
- I am so thankful for my family. Yes, we sometimes do not get a long but wow am I blessed with parents and siblings who know the real me but love me in spite of me!
- I am so blessed to have my Grandma and Grandpa Kelley. They are our guardians but have become our honory grandparents. I could adore them more. Tonight we are going to their house to decorate their tree and eat supper.
- I am so thankful for chocolate (yes I have been eating it today!)
- I am so thankful school is done! (More on that later)
- I am so thankful for the amazing friends that God has given me!
- I am so thankful for a future and hope because of my Lord Jesus Christ!
- I am so thankful for Christmas lights.
- I am so thankful for....
You know.
I am not as discouraged as I was just a few moments ago.
Wow!
Counting blessings has a way of doing that I suppose :)
Praise the Lord!
Praise the Lord!
What do you have to praise Him for tonight?











2 comments:
I've written a blog post or two like this, where I start out pretty unhappy and change my tune by the end of it - you're right, counting blessings sure makes everything look a whole lot better!
That girl and her baby boy who died- the girl was like a sister to a dear, dear Xanga friend of mine. She has been so devastated by it all. She learned about their deaths the day she came back from her honeymoon. The whole thing is so heartbreaking.
Post a Comment