Followers

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Lack of wisdom...teeth?

(Source)     
So, what do I have in common with this young man.
Well, tomorrow I will be sitting
in a dentists chair.
Getting a shot in my mouth.
And getting one of my 
wisdom teeth
taken out.
Gulp.
So why am I 
enduring this torture
subjecting myself to this procedure.
Well, because 
apparently
my mouth is to small.
Oh yes, 
those of you who know me
in real life and know
how much I love to talk are 
probably rolling on the
floor right now laughing.
Ahem.
Physically my mouth is too small.
So last week I noticed
my wisdom tooth 
was starting to poke through
and then this Sunday
I was sitting in church and 
realized that my teeth 
felt a little weird.
Then I realized that my bottom teeth
have indeed been shifting.
Sigh.
Because they had shifted so much
in just a few short days
we decided I needed
to get in as 
soon as possible 
so we could prevent them
from shifting more.
So praise the Lord!
I got an appointment tomorrow.
At 8:45am.
And after that.
I get to rest for this next week.
I am so excited! 
And ready to just...rest.
So yes,
I will be in pain.
But not too bad Lord willing
since it will only be one out.
Yes, I will look like 
a lopsided chipmunk.
But I heard icing it helps so 
hopefully it won't be too bad.
And yes, I will 
not be able to eat a lot of solid
foods for a few days
but hey, I might lose a pound or two!
:)
I know this is weird.
But-
I am excited.
To get my wisdom tooth out.

8 comments:

ledatangen said...

Praying that all goes well for you!

I'm one of the lucky ones that never had wisdom teeth (or at least never had them come in) I get that from my mom's side of the family. Thank goodness. My brother had his out though-and it wasn't too bad.

God Bless.

Brooke O'Shea said...

I had all four of mine taken out a few years ago. It really did not hurt as bad as I thought it would. (and let me just insert that I am a big wimp when it coes to pain) I ended up not even having to use the prescription pain medicine. Actually the only reason I cried was because I had been so tense with adrenaline and such that when it was all over I had to let it out somehow, ha.
Hope yours goes well!
Through Christ,
LB

~Rebecca~ said...

I will be praying! I had my MRI today, we shall see what the DR finds! love you!!!!!

~Rebecca

Jennifer said...

I give you credit for being awake. I had all four out a few years ago and I was asleep. But then again, two of mine were impacted. I had one out a couple of years ago for another reason and I insisted the put me to sleep. I'm a bit of a wimp :-)

Unknown said...

I got 2 out. If you ice it right away for the first few hours (sleep with it on your cheek even), the bruising will be much less. Trust me :) Also jello and pudding will be your new best friends. It was hard for me to drink any liquids because I kept biting my lip and tongue (still numb) so ice chips helped a lottt.

Callie said...

I hope it goes well! Enjoy your rest time!

Madeline Elizabeth said...

My sister recently had all of her wisdom teeth pulled, and she said it was horrid...Now i'm really scared cause the dentist told me i will eventually have to have mine pulled! Yikes!! = )

Nicholas said...

Lucky for you that you only have one wisdom tooth to be removed. Others have four or five wisdom tooth that were taken out all at the same time! Pretty scarier than you think! =\ Good luck with your procedure!