As many of you know, last night was the first
ever girls Bible study at my house! I was so
thankful for how the first one turned out!
Right now we are focusing on what it is
to be a girl that lives a 110% Surrendered
life to Christ (go figure) and so last
night we started with...CHRIST.
These girls are AMAZING (and we didn't get
pictures of all the girls sadly but
here are some):
Margo. Christy. Cassie. Stephanie. Jacquie, Jen. Cindy. Allie. Makayla.
I am so excited to see what the Lord has in store for us! Please pray that He would continue to give me wisdom as I am leading the Bible study. Above all I only desire that HE would be honored and glorified and that the girls would be challenged and encouraged in their faith.
Tidbit #2:
I have decided to challenge myself to see if I can go one month without chocolate, candy or deserts of any kind. Not because I am dieting or think I am fat or any of those other "normal" reasons. Nope. I am doing it because I want to see if I have enough self control to do it.
*INSERT SOB HERE*
I seriously thought that it would not be a problem at all "because I really don't ever have a lot of opportunity to eat deserts/candy."
Yesterday was my first day.
In scrap booking club at work I had to say no to STAR BURSTS AND SKITTLES. That was rough but I worked through it.
Then I came home and was preparing for the Bible study and started craving some of those LIFESAVER MINT THINGS. When Jen informed me that they were indeed candy...well...it was rough but I worked through it.
There was ICE CREAM CAKE at Bible study last night. Oh those oreos and whipped topping looked amazing! But ,even though it was rough, I worked through it (plus it was Neapolitan ice cream which I don't really like anyway so what made it easier!).
THEN. The WORST thing EVER happened.
My loving sister Abby.
Brought in a
HUGE
HEAPING
MOUND
of...
CHOCOLATE.
She set it on my bed.
And ALL THE GIRLS EXCEPT ME
started to eat it.
THAT WAS TORMENT.
Ever been SURROUNDED
by EIGHT GIRLS
eating chocolate bars?
The smell.
The pain.
WOW.
IT WAS ROUGH!
BUT.
I DID IT!
Now...I am on the second day.
Sheesh.
I didn't expect it to be THIS hard!
Tidbit #3:
I was blog surfing today (I love Saturdays!)
and came across Her Price is Far Above Rubies.
One of Jessica's post included this video by Leslie Ludy
on TRUE BEAUTY. I was so challenged and encouraged after watching so I thought I would share it with you girls:
Isn't that amazing? What are your thoughts on it? I would love to hear them either by comments OR email! ;)
Tidbit #4:
I have really started to make more of an effort to get my life more in order when it comes to practical things like learning how to cook and clean, keeping my room clean, getting up earlier in the morning (HAH still working on that one I am NOT really a morning person), making a TO-DO list the night before each day, keeping on top of school and working towards achieving my goals.
Have I mentioned I am so thankful I serve a GRACIOUS Heavenly Father?
One of the little projects I love the most lately is a collage of quotes I have collected over the years and ended up putting on my wall.
Tidbit #5:
Oh the many faces of Abby! This was at a girl's night we had with one of our friends Jacquie and UNLIKE THE PICTURES SUGGEST I WAS NOT TORTURING HER!
It was such a fun night and actually was the first time I had ever had pictures taken WITHOUT MY GLASSES so ,besides the amusement I am sure you will get from Abby's facial expressions, you also get to see ME. The one WITHOUT glasses :)

Ok! That was a really long post filled with...
well...
tidbits.
I am off to eat some lunch and get caught up on some emails that are LONG overdue!











4 comments:
Say, I enjoyed reading this... tidbity post! :D
Keep praying for you...^^ and I totally sympathise with you on two things: not eating nice, sweetish stuff (HOW can you endure it???) and getting up early... *sigh*
Cool post!
love the post!!! :) :) thank you so much katy for putting my blog on here - i'm glad you liked it!!! :) p.s. how did you find it??
The longer you go without sweets the easier it is to not eat them. I don't drink soda anymore and honestly I don't even crave it. Only drink it if I have an upset tummy. :)
Post a Comment