Followers

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

When God takes away.

It has been a little bit since 
I last posted.
I guess I just
have been trying to think 
of the words to
say.
Our sweet little baby
is now in heaven with my
precious Savior.
I was so angry
at first 
(it started the day we
went to a christian clinic
and had gotten a 4th 
positive pregnancy
test)
but then with some
help of a friend
who had gone through
a simuler thing,
I surrendered it to Jesus.
What else could I do?
I surrendered my baby.
I surrendered that dream.
I surrendered.
And what peace He
has given.
What joy has come.
Do I miss my little one?
Yes.
How is it possible to know
someone is coming for
such a short time
and then when they are not 
there to miss them
so incredibly much?
There are still tears.
But though 
weeping may endure for
a night
joy truly does come in the 
morning.
Now, I can truthfully say
the Lord gives 
and the Lord takes away
but BLESSED be
the name of the Lord!
I know He is in control 
and I know that
,someday,
Jason and I will
be reunited with our little 
one in heaven.
Jesus is just taking care 
of him till 
we get there.
Why do I refer to the baby
as a boy?
Well, I don't know how,
but from the time we knew
I was pregnant
we both felt so so strongly
that it was a little boy.
So, at the suggestion
of my parents who
had also lost 
a little one,
we decided to name him.
Jeshua Justice Hollands
(JJ for short).
Jeshua means 
God is my salvation.
He is in heaven.
No tears.
No pain. 
No heart break.
God is so good!

18 comments:

Rebekah said...

I am so sorry and will be praying for you.

LeAnna said...

{[hugs}} We lost our first baby, too. It's hard, but He is faithful.

Linzie W. said...

I am so sorry. I am praying for you guys.

ledatangen said...

Prayers for you and your family.

A good family friend of mine experienced this tragedy too-she started a blog about it and how God is helping her through if you would like to read it. It's called "misadventures of mommyhood". Here is the link:

http://misadventuresofmommyhood.wordpress.com/

~Amy Thomson~ said...

Hi Katy :)

I'm so sorry for the loss of your little one =(
But I suppose we all have to go through our different trials and tests =)
Will keep you guys in prayer!
At least you can be reassured that you'll see your sweet one again ;) God's so good!

Blessings,
Amy

Callie said...

I'm so so sorry, Katie. I don't even know what to say, but you are in my prayers, that the Lord would comfort you during this hard time.

Amy said...

I am so very sorry for your loss. You have been in my thoughts and prayers and I wish I could reach through this little box and give you a hug. We lost our first baby as well. Here is a link to a blog I started if you are interested: http://www.babiesforheaven.blogspot.com/

Rose Casell said...

*crying*
I love you. Here is the post I told you about last night. xoxoxoxoxo

http://www.hiddenvalleysimplicity.com/2009/07/heavens-children.html

Zuff said...

I'm so sorry for you guys! Praise the Lord that He is faithful in the midst of heartache. If you haven't heard the song "Blessings" by Laura Story, you should listen to it. It's one of my favorites.

I'll be praying for you.

Your Sister in the Lord,
Em @ Glorify Him With Every Breath

nolongerIFBx said...

Katy- so sorry for your loss. I know it might not help, but maybe you can look on this time as a little extra time to just enjoy it being the two of you. That won't happen again until all your children are out of the house! And one day you will see JJ- 2 Sam. 12:23- ". . .I will go to him. . ."

~Rebecca~ said...

Hi sis,
glad to hear you are doing better, that was a sad day when you told me what was going on. JJ will be waiting for his mommy and daddy in heaven.

love you!

~Rebecca

Unknown said...

I have been following your blog now for a little while now...found you through Rebecca's blog. :) Just wanted to let you know how saddened I was to hear of your miscarriage. Please know that you and your husband are in our prayers and that we are thinking of you during this difficult time. Hang in there...you will one day be amazing parents to the most BEAUTIFUL babies!!!

Rachel said...

Praying and loves...

Love,
Rachel

Madeline Elizabeth said...

So sorry! Praying for your family.

Lizanne said...

so sorry... thinking of you...

Lindsey said...

I'm so sorry, Katy. I'm praying for you.

Jessica Stuart said...

Sweet Katy,
I am so sorry for your loss.Someday you will hold your son in your arms in heaven...and there will be no more tears. Praying for you,

Fresh Garden said...

Wonderful! Insightful!
Happy moments, praise God.
Difficult moments, seek God.
Every moment, thank God.