What satisfies?
What fulfills?
What completes?
The last 22 days have been some of the hardest of my life. And yet, they have been some of the best of my life.
How is that possible?
Jesus Christ.
Never before have I known His love in such an intimate way.
Never before have I known how much He is able to satisfy and fulfill us.
Never before have I known such completion!
TRULY WE SERVE AN AWESOME GOD!
These past 22 days I have really been thinking alot about what I have allowed to fill up my life.
I want a life that is 110% surrendered to my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and yet-so often-I allow things to get in the way of my passionately pursuing HIM ALONE.
So.
I have started to have to prioritize.
Starting with how much time I spend on the computor.
Now. I am NOT getting rid of the computor BUT I am taking steps to PRIORITIZE how much time I spend on it a day. I can sit down in front of the thing and all the sudden two hours have gone by...while my Bible sits on my desk unopened until...well...last most days.
I have realized that I can not keep living a life for the Lord and yet still kind of...well...sort of...still be living a life for myself as well.
HE DESERVES MY ALL!
And my ALL is what I want to give Him...
He is so worthy!
"The Lord is my portion;" says my soul, "Therefore I HOPE in Him!"Lam. 3:24
What a comfort to know I can trust Him and never have to fear.
What a comfort to know that I can HOPE in Him!!
I keep asking myself how on earth I can have the God of the UNIVERSE as my Heavenly Father and yet I still look to other things and people to try to satisfy.
That is so wrong!
One of the hardest things in my lately has been being "single" once again.
These quotes have REALLY challenged me as I enter into this new season of my life:
"Rather than being preoccupied with solving the “dilemma” of our singleness, God’s Word says we should be consumed with loving, knowing, serving and worshiping Jesus Christ."
CONSUMED WITH LOVING, KNOWING, SERVING, and WORSHIPING JESUS CHRIST!
"Singleness is the incredible opportunity to be fully consecrated in body and spirit to Jesus Christ alone--to be undistracted by any other romance and free to be consumed by Him. " -Sacred Singleness ♥
I have decided to start taking advantage of this AMAZING opportunity to be FULLY CONSECRATED to Jesus Christ alone!
With that decision comes the need to start cleaning out some things in my life.
Are they necessarily bad things.
Well.
No.
But personally I know that they are areas of compromise...things that I have not surrendered to my Savior.
I was re-reading an old blog post of mine and thought that it was very applicable to what I have been working through lately in regards to total abandonment to my Savior.
"Decide (choose) not to ride the fence,
dividing your intersts
between God and the things
of the world.
Decide (choose) that God will
OWN your heart.
Trust Him and be willing to admit
when you are
wrong."
(Unknown)
It all boils down to a choice! Daily choosing WHO WE ARE GOING TO LIVE FOR. Ourselves? Or Christ?
"The reason some of us
are such poor
specimens of Christianity
is because we have
no Almighty Christ.
We have Christian
attributes and experiences,
but there is no
ABANDONMENT
to Jesus Christ."
(Oswald Chambers)
Have you ever stopped to consider what a difference it would make if each and every child of God started living their lives in TOTAL ABANDONMENT to Jesus Christ? If instead of living our lives looking no different then the world around us we CHOSE to be different and to be LIVING SACRIFICES for our God? Have you ever thought about what would happen if the young generation (OUR generation) stood up for Christ and were not ashamed to live for Him alone?
I have been thinking about it a lot...I know that I want to be 110% surrendered to Christ but not only when I am with others, oh no, when I am at home with my family and when I am all by myself. Every single second of my day needs to be lived for Jesus Christ...to honor and glorify and lift up HIS precious name...
"As a Christian:
'Your life is hid
with Christ.
You are not your own.
You have no time of your own,
no money of your own.
CHRIST
MUST
BECOME
YOUR
COMPLETE
MASTER.'"
(Leonard Ravenhill)
My deepest desire is to live and breathe my precious Lord and Savior Jesus Christ...to live 110% for Him...to be a living sacrifice for Him...to honor and glorify HIM every single second of the day whether I am in a crowd of 100 people or whether I am alone in my room...He is so precious to me-it is time I start living like He is.
So those are just some thoughts that I have had lately.
Blessings to you all on this Easter Sunday!
He died for YOU and for ME...
The least we can do is LIVE FOR HIM!
He is worthy!
14 years ago











2 comments:
Thank you so much for this encouraging and convicting post. I especially was hit by what you said about not just be 110% surrendered to God when with others, because that is something I do a lot. Thank you for being open to the Lord's leading and sharing what He teaches you with us.
What an encouraging post. You should also check out NotesFromTheFrugalTrenches.com one of my favorite places and the author is a dear and has just done a post on those. But I agree. I work from home so sadly I'm sitting in front of mine and honestly get rather bored!
Post a Comment