Dear Mom,
I am sorry. This Mother's Day letter is a little bit late (by one day).
But I had a sudden inspiration today as I was washing dishes
(both of our favorite chores) tonight and just had to write some of my thoughts down.
These past two years have been some of the hardest,
but most fulfilling years of my life. One thing that I have appreciated
more than you will ever know is how you have
stuck with me through thick and thin. I have learned
to appreciate you in so many more ways than I
ever have before. When I was going through the time were
we had no idea why I was so sick and not getting better you were
always there for me. When I thought my heart would be
broken forever you encouraged me in the Lord and then
wept right alongside me. When you were exhausted you
still stayed up and waited to welcome me home at night.
You are never too busy to spend time with me.
Never to busy to let me come and cry on your shoulder
(sometimes figuratively and other times quite literally).
I love how you love to do things like lay out on the trampoline
and gaze at the stars.
I love how you love the small things in life.
I love how you will open our home to so many people.
I love how you ask people whether they want to be friends or family
and if they choose family you will put them right to work (All while letting them know that they have family privileges
like raiding the cupboard and NOT having to ask to go to the bathroom).
I love how you make our home warm and inviting
to anyone who may need/want to stop by.
I love how I can go to you for advice on anything.
I love how you will always tell me the truth (even when it is hard for you to say it).
I love how you love the Lord and are
always encouraging me to grow in Him.
I love how you love.
You are an amazing woman and I am so thankful that God
saw fit to allow me to be your daughter.
I appreciate you so much Mom!
I love you more than there are stars in the sky.
Someday, I want to be a Mom just like you.
I love you Mom,
Love,
-Katy











3 comments:
That's so beautiful Katy! I love it <3 Your mother sounds like such a wonderful woman!
Hey Katy! You've been awarded and tagged over on my blog Scribbles n' Things! :D
Oh Katie! I have done that today too. Every post I read was exactly what I needed to hear. It's amazing how He does that right? Leads so many different people to touch the hearts of many....
You're in my prayers!
Love,
your friend,
Amber
Post a Comment