Followers

Monday, May 17, 2010

One of those days.

Ok. So I say that it has been one of those days.
Well, lets try one of those weeks
that just happened to 
lead up to one of those days.
That day being, well, today.
(insert small sigh here)
I have been on a role the past week.
I had so many goals.
I had so many plans.
I had so many things I needed to get done.
Notice a recurring word here?
Well let me give you a hint-it has I in it. 
Oh wait! 
That is the word.
(insert another small sigh here)
Ok, so here is were I get real upfront and personal.
Honestly-it has been a rough day.
BUT I serve a God...that has a way of  
upholding His children with His righteous right hand!
The way my Savior encouraged me today was via other blogs.
It was amazing!
Every single blog I read seemed to have something that was
exactly what I needed to be reminded of.
One of the blogs that I was really blessed by was this one:

Meditations Of His Love, A devotional blog
The latest devotional was by Elizabeth 
and I thought I would share a part that really leaped out at me:
 
"How frequently we lean on our own ideas and thoughts in place of God's ideas and thoughts! We must learn to acknowledge the Lord and allow him to take our life and make it his. Truly there is no greater joy than to yield our life to God and see his plan unfold before us. God wants to bless us and he longs to lead us, but we must first surrender to his beautiful purpose for our life. "

How true is that? 
That is what I realized I was doing today!
I was so focused inward on myself that I had 
forgotten to focus outward on my Savior!
So today.
It was a hard day.
I made some decisions in how I reacted to things that I regret.
BUT-tomorrow is a new day, 
a new beginning, 
a fresh start.
I am so thankful to my God for that!
also really encouraged my heart in a very special
way today. I am so thankful for the people God uses in our lives on a
day to day basis!
 I found this quote that I had written in my Bible:
  
"Grace-when He who is stronger than me comes and takes the load off of me." 
 
There it is.
It sums it up perfectly.
 Grace-God's grace-is something that we do not deserve
YET-He pours it out upon us 
every single moment
of every single day.
What an awesome God we serve!
So yeah, today was one of those days
but-tomorrow doesn't have to be.
I am so thankful for that.
 

Oh and here is a little extra sneak into my life:

This is Jen and I along with some very dear friends at a piano recital 
of another really dear friend that
we had the priviledge to go to this past week.
It was so much fun to be able to see Christy 
play piano and then be able to spend time with her and her
family that evening. 
The thing that I love about this picture is that there are 
two sets of sisters.
However,the three of them with dark hair actually  look like sisters!
And i look like...the odd girl out!
 Not that I am bitter about that or anything!

The other picture would be one that I took yesterday:


This is me and my amazing friend Sarah.
I spent the afternoon at her house yesterday 
and we had decided to go for a walk 
in the mud woods. 
It was so much fun! 
Last night after church her and her brother
came over and we had a wonderful time 
attempting to  roasting hotdogs over a campfire
and going on a night walk.
It was a lot of fun and it was neat to make some new memories :)
Definitely a good start to our summer!
 
Speaking of summer-
I AM DONE WITH TWO YEARS OF COLLEGE!!!!!
Freedom is here!

Ok, well, that was random and a bit off topic
but now you are all caught up.
Blessings to you all!


 





 
 










4 comments:

Brooke O'Shea said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brooke O'Shea said...

I know that feeling. In fact, I go through it quite often, but thankfully, oh how thankfully, God is patient! Keep focused on Him and He will bring you through! (I am learning this as well.)
Through Christ,
LH
P.S. Congratulations on your two years done!

Covnitkepr1 said...

I’ve enjoyed looking over your blog. I came across it through another blog I follow, and I’m glad I did. I am now a follower of yours as well. Feel free to look over my blog and perhaps become one as well

Anna said...

You're so cute, Katy! (In the pics I mean.) Great thoughts... I have experienced that many times, reading in a blog just what I needed to hear!