Followers

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Thank you for your prayers

Just a quick update.
I am actually planning on doing
a video blog post
sharing everything with you all
but because I know so many of you were
praying here is a little update.
The girl did NOT end up showing
up which is a good thing and
I believe is because of all
the prayers that were offered up on her
behalf. Thank you so much!
Please continue to pray for her.
As for the other girls.
There is not a way to express on
a mere written blog post the effect
that sitting outside an abortion clinic
for two hours had on me!
Pray so hard!
This is something that is
to important to be quiet about.
I have been quiet this long.
No longer!
I will explain more this weekend Lord
willing in my Vlog.
Keep praying!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am curious how you knew that she was scheduled to get an abortion? Usually there are very strict rules about patient confidentiality.

I think it's great that you are passionate about this issue and motivated to reach out to mothers-to-be in distress. However, as someone who has worked with many women in this situation, I would caution you to consider your objective before you act.

I can already tell your heart is in the right place, from your previous post about reaching out to women instead of judging them with picket signs.

I personally think that many people who are anti-abortion waste a lot of time and energy picketing and judging women instead of reaching out to help them. Sure, we dont want a woman to abort a fetus, but she will not listen to you if you dont offer her tangible support- this is why I think that other outreach, like education about adoption, helping out by volunteering with pregnant teens at your local "home" for unwed mothers, holding a canned-food drive for low-income moms, or educating teens about abstinence plus other birth control methods is far more valuable than standing outside of an abortion clinic with signs.

That is just my two cents. Thanks for caring so much about the world around you, people like you with big hearts and helping hands make the world a better place.

Kate in TX

Springblom said...

Praying for this young lady still. Oh how my heart aches for her...