Followers

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Day #3: A look Back-Easter 2009

Hey all! I totally stole this amazing idea from my friend Kristen over at Bringing Up Benjamin. She did this for a vacation her family took and I thought it would be neat to do the same thing :) Jen and I are out in IL meeting my boyfriend Kelly's family and extended family as well as visiting some friends, so I have prepared a few Blog posts to publish while I'm gone! I hope you enjoy this random glimpse's of my life while I am gone and I PROMISE to have a lot of stories and pictures when I get back :)

Make sure you are following my Twitter for short updates throughout the trip! Remember, I'll be back January 9th!

A Look Back-
Easter 2009:



So, just sitting here thinking, I know that that song is the "typical Easter song" but have you ever just sat and pondered the words?

"God sent His son, they called Him, Jesus;
He came to love, heal and forgive;
He lived and died to buy my pardon,
An empty grave is there to prove my Savior lives!
Because He lives, I can face tomorrow,
Because He lives, all fear is gone;
Because I know He holds the future,
And life is worth the living,
Just because He lives!
How sweet to hold a newborn baby,
And feel the pride and joy he gives;
But greater still the calm assurance:
This child can face uncertain days because He Lives!
Because He lives, I can face tomorrow,
Because He lives, all fear is gone;
Because I know He holds the future,
And life is worth the living,
Just because He lives!
And then one day, I'll cross the river,
I'll fight life's final war with pain;
And then, as death gives way to vict'ry,
I'll see the lights of glory and I'll know He lives
Because He lives, I can face tomorrow,
Because He lives, all fear is gone;
Because I know He holds the future,
And life is worth the living,
Just because He lives!
"



When I think about those words...chills just run down my spine! WE SERVE A LIVING GOD!!! The God of the UNIVERSE desires to have a PERSONAL relationship with each and everyone of us...it just is mind boggling! WOW! SO yeah, definitely in awe of my Savior tonight :)

This past year there were some times were I didn't have a clue what was going to happen to me or to others around me YET I had a confidence because I KNEW He holds the future...my future...and YOUR future. Are you struggling with uncertainties right now? What about insecurities. Just be reminded that HE HOLDS YOUR FUTURE.

2 comments:

~Amy Thomson~ said...

Wow Katy! You guys sing so well!
Wait...you guys did sing it, didn't you?

We sing that song at our church too, though we don't sing the verses, only the chorus.

Look forward to your hoilday pics and news!!

Luv, Amy

Anonymous said...

Great post girly! You and your sisters sound awesome singing together! I knew y'all sang but wow, I really enjoyed listening to it! :)