Followers

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Day #7: Something big

Hey all! I totally stole this amazing idea from my friend Kristen over at Bringing Up Benjamin. She did this for a vacation her family took and I thought it would be neat to do the same thing :) Jen and I are out in IL meeting my boyfriend Kelly's family and extended family as well as visiting some friends, so I have prepared a few Blog posts to publish while I'm gone! I hope you enjoy this random glimpse's of my life while I am gone and I PROMISE to have a lot of stories and pictures when I get back :)

Make sure you are following my Twitter for short updates throughout the trip! Remember, I'll be back January 9th!

This was originally posted Monday, March 30, 2009:

I have been wondering lately...

I wonder what would happen if Christians world wide started to pick up their crosses daily and follow after Christ?

I wonder what would happen if surrender became a daily occurance?

I wonder what would happen if we started to dream about impossible things and then trusted the Lord to make them happen?

I wonder if...

These past week I have been bowled over so many many times with the releazation (again and again and again) of the AWESOME God I serve! Then I started to think about how many times I limit Him in my own mind. A problem comes up or something happens and instead of going directly to Him I try to fix it myself because "God has other things to worry about...this is to small-or big?- for Him". Ok so maybe I do not say that outloud but how often do my actions portray that attitude?

When I think about the God I serve. The God of this universe. The God that SPOKE things into being and created us to honor and glorify HIM. Wow! It just gives me shivers down my spine thinking about the fact that He didn't have to create us...but He did. He didn't have to come to this world...but He did. He didn't have to die on that cross and take our sins upon Himself...but He did.

WHAT AN AWESOME GOD WE SERVE!!!!

So how are we serving Him? Are we living each and everyday in awe of what He has done? Are we content in Him alone?

I made the mistake for many years of thinking that I would find completion for my life in anything but the one thing that really would complete me. However! I serve an awesome God and He has shown me that we will never find anything (people, possesions, status, money) to complete us outside of HIM. HE ALONE CAN SATISFY!

So, I guess what I am getting at is: WHAT is it that we are living for? Are we living to honor and glorify God in everything we do? Or not? Are we living to do great things for our God NOT BECAUSE OF US but all because of HIM allowing us?

I listened to this song for the first time today. It struck a chord somewhere deep inside of me.

"Something Big"
John Waller

"I wanna see something I've not seen
Something so big
I wanna be a part of something great
Greater than me

It's time to dream big dreams
To see Your vision
Become reality
‘Cause it’s for You, by You, those who
Love You wanna do

Something so big
It’s destined to fail without You, Lord
It’s gonna fail without You, Lord
Something so great
It takes a miracle to do
We, Your children
Wanna do something big for You

We, yes, we are gonna sing a brand new song
Something so strong
We will be the sound that wakes the dawn
Something so loud

It’s time for breaking through
‘Cause there are no limits
For he who holds the truth
When it’s for You, and by You, and those who
Love You wanna do

Something bigger, something greater
For the glory of Your splendor
Something bigger, something greater
Tell the story of Your wondrous love
Your wondrous love
Those who love You wanna do

As long as we live, let us do something so big for You"

“Attempt something so big for God that it is sure to fail without Him.” I’m not sure who first spoke these words, but they’ve never left
me. I believe the desire to be a part of something greater than ourselves is built into the core of each one of us. That’s the reason I left
Georgia to become the worship pastor of a church plant in south Denver called “Southlink.” I believe that this song will strike a chord
with many visionary dreamers who are contemplating stepping out and doing something that only God can truly do through them. In his
book, “Visioneering,” Andy Stanley said, “A divine vision done God’s way and in God’s timing is sure to succeed.” (John Waller)


I wonder what would happen if more of us teenagers and young adults started to STEP OUT in faith and do hard things and even seemingly impossible things for our God?

No comments: