Followers

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Three Days till the Feeling Feminine Challenge June '10


It is four days till the Feeling Feminine Challenge (click here)!

Yes, the challenge is June 4th through June 10th (I apologize I got the dates wrong and thought that it started today). 
Sheesh talk about embarrassing! LOL :)

That is ok though because I have something that I am planning on posting about each day leading up to the challenge and I would love your thoughts on it!
First of all, I am so honored and excited to be hosting the challenge this month!
The last time I did this challenge was in March 2010.
I want to share with you the thoughts that I had when I started the challenge the last time:

"So you know that I love to wear skirts :) (Click here to read my views on modesty).
The challenge is from March 2nd-March 7th. Basically you wear skirts and dress (GASP yup no pants) for 7 days (hence the name) and do your hair in a different hairstyle each day as well.

I am not a "only skirts girl" and believe that it is possible to dress modestly in jeans BUT I also believe it is so important to be feminine and I know that skirts are a wonderful way to do this! I am so excited for spring to come because from that time on I tend to wear mostly skirts because to me they are so much more comfortable then jeans and even capri's.

I believe that we are all called to bring honor and glory to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and I believe that dressing modestly and feminine is so important.
Do I believe that it is wrong to wear pants sometimes and the only thing that we can be modest in is skirts? Absolutely not! I have realized that is not about what I am or what I am not going to wear (obviously to a certain extent). It is about an attitude of the heart. That is where it all stems from! From wanting to honor and glorify Jesus in that area of my life. When people look at me I do not want them to be distracted by what I am (or am not) wearing (especially my brothers in the Lord). Instead, when people look at me I want them to not see me but instead to see my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ shining through me whether they have known me two seconds or 12 years."
 

As I was getting geared up for today
(yes, I had the wrong dates in my mind)
my thoughts were continually straying to the challenge
and how excited I was about it and what I was hoping the Lord would do through it.
I got up.
Went to my closet.
And started choosing an outfit
(taking care to make sure it matched perfectly because I knew I would be posting pictures).

I was planning my day in my head when all the sudden a thought stopped me short:

How can I ever expect the Lord to bless this months challenge if,
instead of making sure that time spent with my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ
cultivating my inward beauty is priority,
I get so focused and caught up in making myself look good on the outside.

Truly-what would be the point? 

There would be none.

This months challenge I want to challenge others to, not only cultivate modesty, but also 
cultivate our inward beauty that reflects
our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

As a part of that goal I am going to be, Lord willing, sharing thoughts everyday that relate to cultivating our inner beauty.

So here is my thought for you ladies today:

I love this quote from Leslie Ludy and thought I would share it with you girls out there as an encouragement and a challenge:

"God's sacred intent for us goes far beyond just saving
sex till marriage, wearing one-piece swimsuits instead of
skimpy string bikinis, or idolizing Christian bans instead
of secular ones. It is not just making sure we tack on some
Christian morality to our self-indulgent lives.


His sacred intent for you and for me is nothing short of
absolute abandonment to Jesus Christ
, entire separation from
the pollution of the world, and ardent worship of our
King with every breath we take.

Yes, it's a huge vision-one that is contrary to everything
our culture presents. In our modern world, we as young
women seem to be presented with only two options for our
femininity-we can either embrace the sensual, sexed-up
version of womanhood glorified by pop culture or we can
go the opposite direction and trade in perfume and makeup
for grit, grunge, and guy-like behavior.

But both of these options cause us to completely miss out
on the glorious pattern God designed for our femininity. We
were created to shine with heavenly beauty, to radiate with Christ-
like feminine loveliness
, and to sparkle with the lily-white
purity of our Prince (Jesus)
. We were created to be set-apart
for Him.

-Excerpt from 'Set-Apart Femininity'"

So ladies, there are four days till the challenge begins.
What are you hoping to learn from it this month?






1 comment:

Megan said...

That is so neat that you actually get to host the challenge. I think that's really cool! I am not a skirt's only girl and have the same view as you that you can still wear jeans and be modest. I am considering participating in the challenga, I will have to think about it now that I know where it is being hosted.

Blessings,
Maggie
www.foreverfindingmybliss.blogspot.com