Followers

Thursday, June 3, 2010

One Day till the Feeling Feminine Challenge June '10

Super excited about the Feeling Feminine Challenge that is starting tomorrow!
My thought for today is actually a question and I would love some input from you all:

Why is it that we as women sometimes struggle with the temptation to dress immodestly?
Why do we expose parts of our bodies that no man, besides our husband, has the right to see?
Why do we buy into the lie that the only way to get guys to notice us is by us showing off more and more of our bodies? 
What has happened to feminine mystique?
Something to think about...

3 comments:

Lauren B. said...

One thing I've observed when it comes to temptation to dress immodestly is that women seem to be in some sort of competition with each other. Although the root cause may be to attract a man's attention, it turns into wanting to be better-looking than the woman standing next to you.

From there, women begin to get jealous of those who fit into the cute tanktops and short shorts and still look attractive (in their minds).

I know that's not true of all women who dress immodestly, but women coveting other women's bodies is something I see/hear about often.

Anonymous said...

I agree. In our society, girls and women are bombarded with immodest images from such a young age, and many people think it's the "normal" way to dress. Also, some women feel that their worth is connected with what size clothing they can fit into, or how many guys they attract. Modesty is seen as old-fashioned and irrelevant.

Megan said...

Many girls give into what the world does because they want to fit in. They feel like they fit in when they wear immodest things because they have the guys looking at them. The truth is, the type of guy that you want to marry (or at least that I want to marry) is that kind that avoids girls who don't dress modestly.

I am so excited that you are hosting the challenge this month! How exciting!

Blessings,
Maggie
www.foreverfindingmybliss.blogspot.com