Do you ever feel like a failure?
Do you ever feel like no matter what you do
or how hard you try you just can not meet expectations
or fulfill duties that you feel you need to?
Do you ever have a time when the Lord seems far away?
He is still right there beside you but it just seems as though you can't reach Him?
Do you ever wake up one day and get a good look at yourself
and realize that you are needing to get some new priorities.
Do you ever get tired of always appearing like things are fine
but in reality you are struggling?
Do you ever get tired of you?
Last night night I was in tears and as I started praying
all the sudden I stopped and looked at myself.
Have I mentioned I am so thankful for a gracious Heavenly Father?
Have I mentioned that we serve an awesome God?
Have I conveyed lately the depth of my appreciation for my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
Have I told you how in awe of the fact I am that He loves me in spite of me?
I have been sick and discouraged lately so that is what the lack of posts is all about.
Last night I had a revelation (once again) and it was this:
It is not about me.
That's it.
End of story.
Or at least it should be.
And yet, it is a lesson I have to learn over and over and over again.
So what is the point of the rambling, not really making sense, random post that is late.
I want you all to stop and take a look at Jesus.
No really.
Have you really considered Him lately?
Have you taken the time to just go and spend time communing with Him?
Have you told someone about Him lately?
Not out of a sense of duty but just because you can not keep your love for Him in?
Do people see Jesus in you?
I have been convicted once again by the fact that it is so easy to become self-absorbed and introspective.
Jesus needs to be first!
Then others.
Then me.
Last.
So yeah, that is a little bit of what has been going through my head lately.
Please pray that I would keep Jesus the center of my life.
That I would surrender my all to Him everyday.
He is worthy!











5 comments:
-takes deep breath in- Girl, this is where I have been at this week. . . I am so self centered when it comes down to it... my past struggles with depression that lingers sometimes are proof of that.I must give it to the Lord daily. Thank you for posting this, thank you for being raw and real... it was encouraging to know I am not the only one. Hugs, sis!
I've struggled in the same way you have - this post was definitely an encouragement to me. Thank you.
This was such an encouragement to me!! I was going through this same thing last night and this morning. Thank you so much!
Through Christ,
LH
I completely understand not posting. I also know what it is like when God seems like he is far away. (Keyword "seems") The "me-first" trap is easy to fall into; you're not alone, because I've fallen into it too. It reminds me of what Gale Sayers(football player) said, "The Lord is first, my friends are second, and I am third." Keep on in the fight!
~Scott Paris, fellow fighter
Such a good post, Katy. You know I've been here lately too. This was encouraging.
Post a Comment