Hey all!
I have so enjoyed
the comments your left introducing
yourselves! :)
My goal is to
get to each of your blogs
and get to know you
better but things have
been a lil bit crazy
since getting back to Fl.
so it has been taking a little
bit longer then I anticipated :)
The poll is still up for
22 more hours so if you have
not voted please vote!
I would love your opinion :)
post was to
share a verse with you
that has really challenged
me over the last few days.
It is found in James
(absolutely LOVE that book
I have been listening to it
over and over
today as I have been cleaning the house).
"My dear brothers and sisters,
take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, because human anger does not produce the righteousness that God desires."
James 1:19-20
I took that verse
and started to try to
apply it to my daily life.
So often I am
incredibly quick to speak
and quick to become angry
and slow to listen.
But that lifestyle does
not produce the righteousness
that my God desires.
I want to live my life to bring
honor and glory to Him.
Which means surrendering things to
Him.
Is it easy?
No.
But I have found
that since writing this
verse out,
putting it above my kitchen sink
and meditating on it
I have started to think
more before I speak.
I want to portray Jesus
especially to the ones
I love most and
spend the most time with
namely-my husband.
Am I perfect?
Uh.
No.
But God is gracious
and my husband is so patient :)
What verses have you been meditating on lately?
I want to portray Jesus
especially to the ones
I love most and
spend the most time with
namely-my husband.
Am I perfect?
Uh.
No.
But God is gracious
and my husband is so patient :)
What verses have you been meditating on lately?











2 comments:
I love that verse! It's something that can be hard to follow. Thanks for reminding me of it :)
Katy,
Thank you for the sweet words you left on my blog and for following my blog! I really enjoy reading your blog. I even like reading some of your old posts, like before you were married; they are so encouraging and a great challenge to think on!
-Carrie
Post a Comment