I have been wanting to update my blog for the last week but some things have been stopping me. Namely one thing actually.
![]() |
| (Source) |
My lil bean is growing by leaps and bounds! Yesterday I was 11 weeks!! Time is flying! Lately I have been having trouble fitting into my skirts! The other night I ran to go get ready for prayer meeting and threw on a skirt and to my chagrin found that it didn't fit! So I threw on another one and that one wouldn't zip up so I finally ended up throwing on some shorts. Sigh. It will only get worse! :) But I don't mind-it is a good cause :) I am missing my skirts though. Anyone know of anywhere that sells reasonably priced maternity skirts? I really prefer skirts over pants (especially here in Florida for obvious reasons).
Also, I would love to hear any tips on natural birth pros and cons as well as any nursing tips from any Mama's willing to share :) I am also weighing the pros and cons of cloth diapering. Any suggestions?
We went and visited NY for two weeks and I never really shared any pictures so I thought I would now:
![]() |
| My amazing husband and I :) Gotta love those self portraits! |
![]() |
| My sister Jen and I :) |
![]() | ||
| My beautiful sisters and I :) I love them so much! |
I love 19 kids and Counting. I have been watching it while folding laundry (I have had a lot to fold!).
Our house is getting de-bugged (is that even a word) right now.
I made a really yummy lunch yesterday (I love when they turn out) and LOVE leftovers! :)
Ben and Jerrys Double Fudge Brownie ice cream sounds really amazing right now.
Just saw this post on the office wall and I will close this random post with it:
"Look for the treasure in EVERY trial! Find that pearl."
Blessings to you all :)
















3 comments:
A bible study, "Lord of the Birth" is what convinced me to go natural. Basically, I would suggest you research it out. The less drugs the better. . . especially for baby. But I also know of women who would have resented the pain of labor without the epidural and state that because of the drugs, they were able to "enjoy" their experience. I'm a huge proponent of natural (not being a big medication person) but after what I went through with Mason, can understand why some women would do better (emotionally) with an epi. My "harsh" views have changed given that experience which was very traumatic and painful.
Dr Sears books are GREAT reads for motherhood preparation/natural birth/breastfeeding/etc. I HIGHLY recommend them!
Cloth diapering is very pricey up front but will save you $100's over the 2+ years of a baby in diapers, in the long run. :) Flats/prefolds with covers is the cheapest to go, but pocket diapers like Bum Genius are easier to deal with than flats and soak more up so less frequent changes.
That's my 2 cents. :)
Love you
I definitely understand what you mean about having internet consume your time! I think I have that problem now, actually. I am looking forward to not having internet much for the next 2 weeks...
Congratulations on your sweet baby!! I love hearing any little tidbit about him/her!! ;)
As for skirts, an idea is to buy those strapless dresses, with the elastic tops, but wear the top elastic part down around your belly. The elastic part looks sort of smocked. A sweet woman I know does this, and she just gets hers at Fred Meyers. I tried to find a picture on the internet of what I am talking about, but couldn't really find one, so hopefully this all makes sense.
Another way would be to make them. That would probably be the cheapest. Or find someone you know who sews, and have them make some for you with a knit panel on the belly (or all the way around).
Can't really give much advice on natural birthing and nursing. ;) Although, my mom did seem to recover much faster after having her last baby (who is now 3 months) naturally with a midwife.
Cloth diapers... They can be very expensive (so maybe you could save up?), but overwhelmingly pays for itself in the long run. We have diapers that lasted probably 3-5 kids. You do have to replace them after a while, but there are some cheap options out there, I know, so you don't have to spend as much to start up. I like FuzziBunz, but they are around $17 per. :/ I do know that cloth diapering is cheaper in the long run.
You and Jason are so cute together!! =)
Oh, and I like watching the Duggars too! Even though they don't seem too extraordinary to me... well, let's face it, I go to a church with multiple huge families (though not quite as big as the Duggars!). =)
-Carrie
I likE 19 kids and counting too- I haven't been able to watch it this year since we got rid of our tv service. :-/ what kind of nursing tips are you looking for? I always went for more flowy skirts with elastic waist bands, because then they can fit right under the belly. Target and Gap have so
e good maternity clearance items slot of times, and you might find some cute skirts since summer is winding down!
Post a Comment