Followers

Sunday, September 4, 2011

And I know He watches me...

We sang this song
in church today and I 
was absolutely amazed at 
the timing the 
Lord has.
So I decided to share 
it with you all.
His Eye Is On The Sparrow.
Civilla D. Martin

Why should I feel discouraged,
Why should the shadows come,
Why should my heart feel lonely
And long for Heav'n and home,
When Jesus is my portion?
A constant Friend is He:
His eye is on the sparrow,
And I know He watches over me;
His eye is on the sparrow,
And I know He watches me.
I sing because I'm happy,
I sing because I'm free,
His eye is on the sparrow,
And I know He watches me
His eye is on the sparrow
And I know he watches me.
"Let not your heart be troubled,"
His tender word I hear,
And resting on His goodness,
I lose my doubts and fears;
Though by the path He leadeth
But one step I may see:
His eye is on the sparrow,
And I know He watches me;
His eye is on the sparrow,
And I know He watches me.
Whenever I am tempted,
Whenever clouds arise,
When songs give place to sighing,
When hope within me dies,
I draw the closer to Him,
From care He sets me free:
His eye is on the sparrow,
And I know He cares for me;
His eye is on the sparrow,
And I know He cares for me.

Honestly, these last few 
months have been 
a huge struggle for me
in every way.
Do you ever feel like
your life is just
filled with darkness?
Like no matter where you go
or what/who you turn
to there is never relief?
And here is where
it gets personal.
For the last three months
it seems as though I have been
descending deeper and deeper
into an abyss of my
own making.
Why?
Well, because God was no longer
a priority in my life.
But I was doing ministy!
Well, sometimes it is possible
to get so caught up
in ministry and
the busyness of it that
we forget WHO
we are ministering FOR
in the first place.
Being back in NY has
really opened my
eyes to how deep
I have allowed certain
destructive thought patterns and
attitudes to take root
in my heart and
had started to take over my life.
Anger.
Bitterness.
Unforgiveness.
Jealousy.
Discontentment.
To name a few.
For days I have struggled.
How do I forgive?
How do I stop being so awful?
How do I begin to
LIVE again?
I.
I.
I.
I can not do it.
I can not change myself.
I can not start to live again.
I can not be good enough.
I just can't!
So Who can?
May I insert a duh here?
Who is my Heavenly Father?
Who is my refuge and strength?
Who is the Creator of the Universe?
Who was I kidding that
I could take
care of everything
on my own?
He watches over
sparrows!
How much more is 
He going to look
after His children?
The ones He sent His Son
to die on the cross for?
What love!
What mercy! 
What grace!
I have been running from
the very One
,the ONLY One,
Who can help me! 
But no more.
I want Jesus.
I want to know Him
in a way I never have!
What a comfort
to know that 
that my Savior is
watching me.
What joy there is 
in that truth!
Have you been running from
Him instead of 
towards Him?
Lets stop doing that and
turn to Him in total
and complete surrender!
What joy there is
in doing so
and truly
there is freedom in Him.

3 comments:

Betty said...

I've been silently following your blog... I understand that all these changes are really hard, but why are you so down, so depressed? What's going wrong you think? Sometimes it helps to write it down, so you can read it to yourself. Then think about it, Then read it again.
I hope you will start feeling better again soon! And keep us updated on the baby!

HIS daughter said...

Thank you so much Betty for that suggestion. I deffinitely think that I will start writing again and praying over it then surrendering it! Thanks for commenting it really meant a lot:)
Blessings!
Katy

Rose Casell said...

Praying for you my sweet Sister.