Followers

Saturday, April 4, 2009

Randomness galorious!

Yes I am in a random mood so peoples (is that even a word?) BEWARE! :)

So what amazing happened in my life today? Well, I had a bad day physically. Not so much in the morning but by early afternoon I was struggling. The numbness and tingling went into exhaustion and then I was really weak (could barely walk across a room weak). I was really upset just because I had been doing really good and been feeling so much better since starting my new diet so when it all started happening again-I got incredibly frustrated! My dad told me that I needed to accept my physical limitations and if you know me...that is very hard for me to do! I am a doer! Always jumping up to do things...acting on whims...that kind of thing. ANYWHO!
God used it to teach me yet another lesson (He is so good at doing that). I had all these plans that I wanted done and yet, HE had different ones.

Since I was in bed most of the day I decided to have a "date" with God. And what a wonderful time it turned out to be :)

Yesterday I was really struggling with some decisions that needed to be made. I spent most of yesterday in prayer and woke up today not really knowing much more then I had last night. I was reading in a devotional that has scripture for morning and night (It is call the Daily Light I believe) and these 2 verses just really jumped out at me:

"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." (Philippians 4:6-7)

Have you ever thought about the fact that we serve a God who encourages us to talk to Him? Have you ever thought that we serve a God who we can confide in? Have you ever thought how AWESOME it is that the God of the UNIVERSE cares about our personal lives? It kind of blows my mind when I think about it!

Then I had this amazing thought: I am to be anxious for nothing so those things that I had been stressing about...they needed to be brought before the Lord in prayer and then left there in HIS care.

So my time with the Lord was spent doing just that. I think that I filled 9 pages in my prayer journal today! It was awesome!

The neatest part was that if I had been energetic like I thought I should be...I would have probably missed out on a huge blessing!

So here is something to ponder:
How often do we let the day-to-day things get in the way of time with our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ? How often do we not lay our problems at His feet because "we can fix it ourselves"? How often are we too busy or too tired to take the time to do the things that really matter (like time in the Word and in prayer)?

These are some of the questions I have been pondering as a result of today. Just thought I would share :)

So cool news:

My brother Danny now has a blog of his own! Check it out here: Living Life Completely For Christ

I am so excited to see where it goes :)

Blessings to you all!

2 comments:

Princess0479 said...

Sweetie when i read your blog post this beautiful scripture verse, *My life Verse* came to mind and instantly i thought that no matter how tired i am tonight i will send you this verse, because i bet you are still up :)

here it is

2 corinthians 12:9---My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness...and it goes on..check out the whole chapter it is amazing!

i hope this helps you in this trying times but remember God is with you always and forever :)

and check out my new blog posts, i have a couple with photos from the trip i posted that on March 31st and then check out today's post with a quiz i took, it was not a regular quiz mind you :)
it's Are you a fool quiz?
but after every answer you give to regular questions it gives you tons of verses to ponder from Proverbs, Ecc, and Psalms and other chapters :)

i do warn that this quiz could take up to 1 hour or less depending how fast you read..:) BUT it's so worth it because as you do the quiz and go through the verses given...you'll be humbled and taught by the pen of God!!

so take the quiz when you can :)

i miss ya hun!!

take care sweetie!

I hope you feel better physically soon, but like you said maybe it was a blessing in disguise that you felt weak that way YOU spent time with God and 9 pages in your devo...wow THAT IS powerful!!

p.s. i prolly should start a prayer journal too, but i am lazy LOL i'll think about it though!

Ok time for bed!

HUGS!

Blessings always!

p.p.s. sorry this was sooo long!

talk soon!

To God be all glory!

In Him, Jane.

SSA said...

Awww, Katy, I am really sad to hear about your physical being but am rejoicing in your spiritual one. I pray that you will continue to seek the LORD and His ways always.

A verse that has always been of great comfort to me, in this world of "practicality" and sin, is Isaiah 55:9 "As high as the sky is above the earth are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. " We can never know why we are going through something, but we can be assured that His ways are higher than ours and He has our best interest at hear. :)

Love you girl and praying for you!
hugs!

Love,
your ssa