for dinner and really do not mind at all! Yup people...I ate those things for dinner. They are called green beans for those who did not know and I had an AVERSION to them before everything started with the gluten thing. About that...we are almost completely certain that I have Celiac disease which ok here is a long explanation of it:"Celiac disease is a digestive disease that damages the small intestine and interferes with absorption of nutrients from food. People who have celiac disease cannot tolerate gluten, a protein in wheat, rye, and barley. Gluten is found mainly in foods but may also be found in everyday products such as medicines, vitamins, and lip balms.
When people with celiac disease eat foods or use products containing gluten, their immune system responds by damaging or destroying villi—the tiny, finger like protrusions lining the small intestine. Villi normally allow nutrients from food to be absorbed through the walls of the small intestine into the bloodstream. Without healthy villi, a person becomes malnourished, no matter how much food one eats.
Celiac disease is both a disease of malabsorption—meaning nutrients are not absorbed properly—and an abnormal immune reaction to gluten."
Uh yeah...to sum it all up: If I eat anything that has a hint of gluten in it I am sick for days afterward. Example: I was at a restaurant and asked for ketch-up to go on my home fries and did not think about the fact that there was a slight chance the ketch-up had gluten in it and within 5 minutes of eating the ketch-up I was in so much pain I could not finish. DEAD SERIOUS! My intestines just cannot take it...SO basically and processed foods I can not eat at all. I am truly undergoing a complete lifestyle change! And I am starting to become a health nut in the process :) God is so good! Yes it can get annoying having to read the labels on EVERYTHING but the fact that I am starting to feel better...makes up for that a million times over. It is not over yet...it will probably be a good 3 months before my body starts to function normally again and I start to feel 100% again.God has blessed me with people that have Celiac disease and are helping me adjust to eating...basically nothing with wheat in it (yeah go to the grocery store and see how many things you can find with absolutely no gluten (wheat) AND with no possibility of being processed in a factory alongside gluten!) It is pretty challenging!
Through this whole process...I am just so blessed. I have just been reminded over and over and over again what an AWESOME GOd I serve! He has provided in ways that I never thought possible and has brought people into my life that have Celiac disease as well to help my transition. HE IS GOOD!
So one of my good friends Emily posted this quote on her facebook status tonight and it challenged me so much that I thought I would leave it as the last thing for all you wonderful readers out there to ponder along with me:
"If we want people to look at our Redeemer, we better start looking a little more redeemed...."
So here is the question I am asking myself...how redeemed to I look to those around me? Does my life automatically point others to my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ?
Just something to think about...











6 comments:
wow! that's an awesome quote!
I was going to ask, what kind of foods do you like? for when my gramma gives me some cookbooks to look through? she's got tons of recipes! I'll be going home again and WILL remember this time to pick them up.
Wow! That is a lot to think about! So true! Viva la Greenbeans!
I don't mean to contradict you...but I think it takes more than 5 min for food you just ate to reach you intestine...maybe im wrong...im just thinking...
actually it takes less than a minute for your food to be released into your blood stream.
Hi Gal,
Thanks for sharing that with us! Now, we're all getting hungry! :)
Hey. If you get the opportunity, would you
mind praying for the prayer requests that are
on our main page?
May the Lord bless you and your family!!
Mark, Lynn, Brooke & Carley Seay
www.LighthousePrayerLine.org
ps - please consider "following" our blog
-or- atleast grab one of our free, linking,
blue buttons. ( see top sidebar at
www.LighthousePrayerLine.org ).
•´.¸¸.•¨¯`♥.Visit Us Soon!.♥´¯¨•.¸¸.´•
I just came across your blog... and I wanted you to know I understand all you are going through with celiacs. It is no fun!!!! :) May God bless you and give you grace!
Post a Comment