Hey all you peoples out there :)
So yeah, today was just...one of those days physically! It was one of those days that I am learning to really not look forward too. Unfortunately, it is also one of those days that I never have warning about...
It is on these kind of days that I have a choice:
A). Be annoyed, upset, angry, and bitter that I can not do what I want to do or accomplish the things I wanted to accomplish.
B). Make the decision to accept my physical limitations and then just do my best to have a good attitude and honor and glorify my Lord Jesus Christ throughout the day even if it means something as "small" as not being rude to my family...
Yeah...I am learning that that same sort of choice is before all of us each and everyday. Not necessarily the same challenges but the fact that it is our choice to serve the Lord with all our hearts of just live for ourselves...that is a daily decision each and everyone of us has to make!
Definitely is a daily battle...but God is so gracious and forgiving when we fail. We serve an AWESOME GOD!
So this will probably be my last post for a few days. Tomorrow will be crazy! Hopefully (Lord willing) I will be cooking all day long. The problem is that when I go to other peoples houses...I can not eat much! So I am starting to learn the fine art of actually planning ahead! Hence my cooking then freezing a ton of different foods that I can just grab out of the freezer at a moments notice. It will definitely be fun to figure it all out :)
Friday will be...a hard day. I have to be up in the city (1 hour away from us) at 10:30am where I will be having 2 MRI's. One on my brain and the other on my neck. The thought of laying in a MRI tube for almost 2 hours...kind of freaks me out BUT I am going to just bring some Bible Cd's to listen to and hopefully I will fall asleep! After the MRI's are done I will have a few hours break (in which I get to go out for some Chinese food!!!) and then it will be back to the doctors for a 3 hour test with I guess is going to be very extensive. So yeah, 5 hours of testing...I think I will be completely wiped out but it will be such a relief to have the tests out of the way.
Please pray for peace of mind for myself. The things they are testing for...well...lets just say I am praying very hard that everything turns out negative.
It is interesting. This whole journey has truly been one of learning to trust my God. Today when I was starting to get nervous about Friday the Lord gently reminded me that I need to trust Him in the good times and the bad. In the certain times and in the uncertain times. All the time! I need to have a absolute trust that His ways are perfect! That not only does He know my life story BUT He WROTE it!
Trust...
14 years ago











3 comments:
Hi friend,
Thanks for sharing that with us! We love your site! :)
Hey. If you get the opportunity, would you
mind praying for the prayer requests that are
on our main page?
May the Lord bless you and your family!!
Mark, Lynn, Brooke & Carley Seay
www.LighthousePrayerLine.org
ps - please consider "following" our blog
-or- atleast grab one of our free, linking,
blue buttons. ( see top sidebar at
www.LighthousePrayerLine.org ).
•´.¸¸.•¨¯`♥.Visit Us Soon!.♥´¯¨•.¸¸.´•
Dear Katy
Aw, that can be so hard and usually we make choice A instead of B. It can be so hard to fall, can't it?
Hoping the cooking all goes well for you. Sounds like a big task.
Praying for you for the MRI and to have a peace of mind. Let the Spirit comfort you.
Chinese sounds great. I haven't had that in forever it seems. Eat some for me!
Ah - I deleted my other comment because I signed it as "love your ssa" which was supposed to be left on another blog. LOL Sorry. Guess that's what I get for leaving my computer and finding someone else switched the tab.
Blessings!
Miss Jocelyn
Post a Comment