SO THIS IS IT! Tomorrow I leave for Camp! This 1st week will be training and then I am home on Thursday. Then it is home for a week and back on July 6th for five weeks of counseling. I am so excited!
Honestly, for the longest time I was not. Actually, I was dreading camp. Part of the reason was that I had been feeling very exhausted/sick/listless ALL THE TIME. I was not sure how I was going to be able to physically handle camp! I am SO THANKFUL that God provided a solution for being so sick/listless/SICK lately this past week. Solution (s): Vitamin deficiency (like MAJOR) and diet (once again back on a somewhat gluten free diet). Today is my 3rd day taking the vitamens and the difference is UNBELIEVABLE! I actually have ENERGY! For the 1st time in MONTHS I have actually began to feel somewhat normal and like the "old Katy" again! GOD IS SO GOOD!
Another thing that I was incredibly worried about was the fact that I had not been eating...well...not like I should have been. When I get stressed about things I tend to not eat because I feel sick and I knew that in order to function at camp I HAD to be eating but I just did not have the appetite. So, I was just stressing about that BUT as soon as I started taking the vitamens my appetite returned and I am able to eat regularly again! WOW! We serve such an awesome God!
So I know that I have been mentioning the word worry a lot in this post.
I was worried. Last night I was a wreck. Just worries about the future. Worries about camp. Worries about my health. Worries about others. More worries about camp. Then I realized that I was dishonoring my God and showing distrust to Him by my worrying.
So I went home and it was about 12:30am. I had just had a conversation with my adopted older brother Andrew and the Lord had used that conversation to convict me of my lack of trust in the Lord. So I just laid it all before the Lord. I was sitting on my bed journaling and praying and the Lord brought to mind these verses in Matthew:
"But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble."
Matthew 6:33-34 (New King James Version)
Now, people had been quoting these verses to me for WEEKS and while I heard them and appreciated it...I had not applied them. I was hearing but not doing. Last night I realized that I needed to start applying them.
So I got done confessing all this stuff to the Lord and I was dead tired! It was almost 1am and yeah...I just wanted to go to bed! But I had not read my daily Bible reading yet. So I kinda went back and forth on whether or not I should but then decided that I really needed to but I was only going to read in the New Testament. So GET THIS: It is early in the morning, I JUST got done confessing all these things to the Lord and I am reading my DAILY reading. I happened to be in Luke chapter 22 which just "happened" to include these verses:
"Then He said to His disciples, “Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat; nor about the body, what you will put on. Life is more than food, and the body is more than clothing. Consider the ravens, for they neither sow nor reap, which have neither storehouse nor barn; and God feeds them. Of how much more value are you than the birds? And which of you by worrying can add one cubit to his stature? If you then are not able to do the least, why are you anxious for the rest? Consider the lilies, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin; and yet I say to you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. If then God so clothes the grass, which today is in the field and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, how much more will He clothe you, O you of little faith?
And do not seek what you should eat or what you should drink, nor have an anxious mind. For all these things the nations of the world seek after, and your Father knows that you need these things. But seek the kingdom of God, and all these things shall be added to you. "
Luke 12:22-31 (New King James Version)
What are the "odds" that my regular reading for the day (that I almost didn't read) was the parrellel passage on worry to Matthew 6? I was just overwhelmed by the reminder that the Lord gave me to JUST GIVE EVERYTHING TO HIM! As I read those verses...this overwhelming calm just swept over me. I had been looking for that calm about camp for weeks but God did not choose to give it to me till His PERFECT time and it WAS PERFECT! I am just so in AWE of HIM! He is so good! So FAITHFUL!
So, tomorrow I am off to camp!
Please continue to pray for me as my body begins to heal from the vitamen deficiencies. Please pray that I will have the physical strength that I need to best serve those around me.
Also for camp in general please pray:
That God will be glorified this summer! That He would be lifted up in everything that we say and do at camp and at home as well of course :)
Strength and endurance for the busy weeks ahead. It is going to be a very long summer...and tiring BUT God will give us strength :)
SAFETY among staff and campers.
So I am over and out! I just thought I would leave you with this picture of me. My friend Erik took it. I was told that is was my "evil genius look" do you agree? lol ;) I will talk to you all later :) Please do not forget to stop in and check out my sister Abby's blog as she prepares to leave for Papau New Guinea.Blessings to you all :)











7 comments:
Wow! You are SO right - our God is amazing! Praising Him for your getting better...
May you have an awesome next-few-weeks, dear sister in the Lord! May He bless you to serve and love the children at the camp and give you wisdom and understanding for each of them to be able to minister and plant seeds just for each one's individual life. Be blessed to be a blessing!
xo
Rachael (justagirl4god)
I'll be praying for everything you mentioned, Katy! Have a great summer! :)
~ Love in Christ,
Lindsay
Yeah, we finally get rid... I mean you finally get to go to camp and serve God! I will most definitely be praying for you and all the other peoples at camp! That is cool how you just "happened" to read that. What an incredible stroke of dumb luck.(Actually, more like God!) Keep on keeping on!
Have so much fun at camp!
You'll do great! God has you in His hand.
Wow! I just read your post and can't believe that you quoted my favorite verse. I am also a MAJOR worrier! I have this old booklet that came with my bible years ago and it has a passage about worrying and it quotes two really good verses (Matt 6:33,34 and Deut. 33:25). What helps me when I'm worrying is to remember that even if all the bad things that I worry about happening actually come true it's because they were supposed to...it is all a part of the plan. Thanks for the post! Good luck with your camp training!
I miss you my darling girl! Praying for you...
Love,
Mom
"When my soul is overwhelmed within me YOU KNOW MY PATH"! How awesome is that?
Post a Comment