Followers

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

As most of you know about 3 months ago I broke my foot coming off my horse and long story short I ended up being in my walking cast for about a month and 1/2 cause I did too much too soon.
The problem was that I wasn't getting better...my pain was starting to be worse and I was losing all my mobility and muscle mass. So I went to the doctor yesterday expecting to get my walking cast off and he said
A) that it should never have taken this long to heal
B) that my shooting pain and numbness (which started a few weeks ago) was definately something more serious.
So he ordered an MRI for this friday and said I needed to go and see some specialists.
So I get home today and I had been having headaches/blurred vision for a while and today it got really really bad. I had a headache that felt like it was going to split my head and then my entire right side went numb. I took 2 tylonal and 2 ibuprofen together and it still didn't help so I went to the ER (a nurse friend of ours told us too) where I learned (among other things) that i am not pregnant (hah could have told them that one :-p) and that I was a unique case, they didn't know what to do with me and they are sending me to at least 2 specialists plus my MRI.
Phew...it is even longer in person :-p

It was definately a very draining day. I had to have an EKG, CAT Scan, Chest x-rays, blood work and other things taken. After all that I was ready to know what was wrong with me but...yeah they still don't know. So these next 2 weeks will prove alot.

It was hard b/c I did not know what was going on and the doctor tossed out some scary sounding things (MS and Lymes disease being 2 of the choices) but he said that basically what they were doing just now was getting options out of the way. So MRI is friday and specialist are just with in the next 2 weeks. :)SO, I would still appreciate prayer! Oh yeah, just random FYI: my walking cast is still on which is kinda sad! It has been a month and a half! I am forgetting what it is like to wear two shoes :-p Anywho!

Yesterday I was just crying out before the Lord and He gave me this verse:
"Fear not, for I am with you;
Be not dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you,
Yes, I will help you,
I will uphold you with My righteous right hand."
Isiah 41:10

I serve an AWESOME GOD! Just in case ya'll didn't know that :) He has been teaching me so much about having faith in Him and trusting Him no matter what the road looks like ahead. He is so worthy of all the Honor and Glory we can give Him!

These are some pics that I took on my cell phone yesterday in the ER. And yes I look ginormous cause I was in this sack of a hospital gown and yes I was as exhausted as I look! So be kind in your thoughts :-p

My ER Visit

Well that is it for now :)
I am going to go eat some pizza and spend some time with the Lord. Blessings to you all and thanks so much again for the prayers!

No comments: