I love the fact that I have a father who cares about me and my siblings enough to want to carve out time to spend with just us.
I got to go with him tonight on a date. Just Dad and I. It was wonderful :)
I loved watching Dad go through the McDonald's (shhh don't tell that is not the healthiest place to eat in the world. lol) drive through with a broken drivers side window. It was quite comical watching him open the door and then explain "god a broken window" :)
Have I mentioned how much I love my Dad!
Today was a good day.
I wrote a song. Jen came downstairs and said "Katy you need to start writing songs again." So I went upstairs, opened our song notebook and within ten minutes the Lord gave me a song. I love it when that happens :)
I suffered through 4 hours of biology. Only sixish more weeks! Just trying to take it one day at a time until this semester is over.
I got home and Mom told me that I now had $400 extra dollars in my Africa fund. Talk about a surprise! I just sent out my application to go and visit my friends (Their Blog) in Congo, Africa (Official Website) a few days ago. I would love to go out there in May 2010 and now I have $1200 dollars out of $3000 needed! WOW! GOD IS SO FAITHFUL!! Dr. Joe opened up the first christian hospital in the Republic of Congo and I would be able to intern for nursing there and see what missionary nursing (my dream right now) is what first hand! SO EXCITED!!! God is so good!!!
WOW!
That word just sums it all up right now :)
God has been teaching me some AMAZING lessons about surrendering things with no strings attached lately. I will have to share that with you all tomorrow :) This post a day thing is going pretty good so far! :)
I am off to spend time with the family!
And a photo to leave you with:

This little guys name is Cesar. We took this at Bible study a few months ago. I love him and the rest of his family (four little boys!). They go to our church and it is such a joy to see them growing up :) Oh and the extra face in the picture...just ignore ;)











No comments:
Post a Comment