Followers

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Trusting in what?

Ever had one of those moments 
where you read a verse and know 
it was meant just for you?
I had one of those moments the other day:

" Stop trusting in mere humans,
   who have but a breath in their nostrils.
   Why hold them in esteem? "
         -Is. 2:22

So often I look to people
instead of God
to fix things.
So often I look to people
instead of God 
for comfort.
Jason keeps telling me
to not trust in him
but to trust
God with him.
And so this is what I have
been pondering.
Putting my trust in God.
Instead of people.
I am thankful we serve a 
merciful God!
He is good :)
What or who
are you trusting in
today?

5 comments:

Emily said...

This is something I've been working on too! <3

Brooke O'Shea said...

Wow, thank you for posting this!
Through Christ,
LB

ledatangen said...

This is wonderful! Thank you for sharing!

Madeline Elizabeth said...

Very inspiring! Thanks for posting this!

~Rebecca~ said...

This sounds sooo familiar! Justin is always telling me to trust God first, then him second. :)

75 days to go for you! 150 for me!

love your sis,
~Rebecca