I am very excited to share this guest post with you all :) Surrender...is something that I am learning is a day-by-day, moment-by-moment, second-by-second process. So without anything more from me here is the guest post written by my good friend Jane over at Daughter of King Jesus
(click to visit her blog).
"Hi all I am posting a guest post here, my name is Jane.
Surrender is a beautiful word, it’s even more beautiful to God and such a joyful experience for both the believer and the Lord for us to finally surrender every aspect of our lives to our Christ.
But the interesting question is how do we go about it? HOW do we surrender? We must surrender not only one time, that is not enough, and if you surrender one day and think it’s enough for 1 week or 1 month…you are greatly mistaken, my sister and brother..WE must surrender daily, daily, sometimes hourly. We must lean on His grace and on His love as often as we breathe :))
Surrendering can be hard, even I know. I am by nature the most self-reliant person I know and proud too!! I am learning to be more humble each day, but this thing called PRIDE gets in the way. And many times I think to myself, “”I’ve gotten this far, I can get over these hard food issues and food addiction all by myself. Oh I can find that man all by myself simply because it’s my time NOW and I don’t want to wait on God’s perfect timing.” “ We all got to admit that we think that way sometimes, we all think that way from time to time. BUT what we must do, is not let that kind of thinking become permanent in our life. WE can not, and I repeat, we can not think in such a way like I described before. This will hinder our beautiful relationship with Christ, our Lord.
That way each day, I must give over this food issue OVER and OVER to God, I must pray and read my bible daily to keep my sanity. I will admit that there are days I don’t read the bible, But I’ve been trying recently just recently to read every day. Even if I only have 5 minutes or 10 minutes before Bed I will read. Usually at night. But I will read, and meditate on His Word daily. Because His Word is our daily sustenance and food for our souls. And I think what’s even harder to surrender to God for me is my pride and my wanting to find that life mate. Again, I must remember to surrender this area of my life too to the Lord. I must lay all my sins, all my pain, all my addictions, all my wistfulness for a husband, all my past at the Cross. At the beautiful cross of Jesus.
We need to surrender daily. And we need to live for God, not just on Sundays. But each and every single day of our lives need to be dedicated or rededicated to Christ. I used to be that Sunday Christian. I thought I did all the right things. I went to church, I had a lot of friends at church, I went to bible study, retreats, I opened my bible..BUT I didn’t trust God completely nor did I surrender almost anything to Him. What is that called, does anyone remember? That’s called being a lukewarm Christian. And I am the first to admit that I was a lukewarm Christian. But I am not anymore. I still have my moments and proud days. But I know that without the Lord and without His love and care, I am nothing. Simply nothing. He makes me whole, He makes me anew, He gives me life, He has to be our everything. And He is my everything. He is my all and all. And I know that with HIS strength, and with HIS mighty power, I can fight this crazy addiction called food. And I can fight my other addictions too with His strength. And I can come out victorious. Yes, our Lord can do anything, He is able, and He provides. :))
Through Christ anything can be overcome!! Any pain, any addiction, any problem, all has to be put at the feet of Jesus. And then YOU will be healed, restored, and YES even become a new person in Jesus Christ.
I will leave you all with a few verses to ponder on : ))
Philippians 4:13
“”I can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens me””
2 Corinthians 12:9
“But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.”
Psalm 144:1-4
1 Praise be to the LORD my Rock,
who trains my hands for war,
my fingers for battle.
2 He is my loving God and my fortress,
my stronghold and my deliverer,
my shield, in whom I take refuge,
who subdues peoples under me.
3 O LORD, what is man that you care for him,
the son of man that you think of him?
4 Man is like a breath;
his days are like a fleeting shadow…..and so on it goes…
And last but not least, Jeremiah 29:11-14
11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. 14 I will be found by you," declares the LORD, "and will bring you back from captivity. I will gather you from all the nations and places where I have banished you," declares the LORD, "and will bring you back to the place from which I carried you into exile."
Please notice how it says at Jeremiah 29:11-13 to seek God and that we’ll find Him when we seek Him with ALL our heart. That means we gotta surrender. Whatever we do we must surrender all of it to Him. Yes all the garbage, all the pain, all the mistakes, all the addictions, all of it surrender to Him tonight. Tonight, my new friends. That’s my challenge for everyone tonight to do this. Do you know how free You’ll all feel if you do this daily and hourly?? Just remember let’s not be a Sunday Christian, Let’s be His hands, His feet, and His servants all the time. All the time."
14 years ago











3 comments:
Thank you Katy for letting me post here and thank you for posting it up! For some strange reason i needed to be reminded tonight especially of this post i posted..and to see those verses yet again :)
Only through the Lord i was able to write this and He helped me chose the right words :))
thanks again!
I hope you are well!!
how have you been?
Miss ya!!
p.s. i loved seeing the 7 day girlie challenge that you had, you look so great there and so confident especially in the last photos from yesturday :) i esp. love that dress...Yes God is good, and HE seems to have taught you so much through that challenge, i wanted to do this challenge, but i don't have enough skirts!!or dresses!! but maybe next time i can do it :)
talk soon!
Take care!! :)
love you!!
To God be all glory!
In His Love, Jane.
Right on! That was totally niping the problem of surrender in the preverbial bud. I am really sad that there aren't anymore guest posts for a while, because I really like perspective of others.
PS So when are you going to have more guest posts,Katy?
I have liked these post-thanks for sharing them with your blog readers.
Post a Comment