So, the Lord has REALLY been doing a work in me lately when it comes to surrendering things to Him. I actually made a list last night about the things that I had been trying (very unsuccessfully) to handle on my own. Some of them included:
Mom
being strong for everyone (trying to make EVERYONE happy)
the accident
my head
nightmares
camp
being so sick (this past 6 months as well)
I think that I had gotten it into my head that I needed to handle these things. That I was strong enough. That the Lord had other things to worry about. That I would be ok and be strong enough to handle things by myself. I don't know...it is kinda hard to explain...
I got to stressed out about being stressed out that I forgot who my focus needed to be on. I think that sometimes it can happen very subtly were ones focus gets off of the Lord (were it needs to be) and gets on themselves...at least that is what happened to me.
How did this surrender happen? I just came before the Lord and begged His forgiveness and then just re-surrendered my life and my all to HIS CARE once again. And I committed to go to HIM 1st when I am stressed/worried/scared instead of relying on myself or other people for answers which I was doing. It is so hard to explain just the peace that He has given me since I have re focused my eyes ON HIM.
I really don't know if any of that made sense! I am sorry! I am still trying to...get all my thoughts organized :) But that is kind of a sum-up :)
I was talking to a wonderful friend the other morning about what the Lord had been teaching me and we were talking about camp and the stress and just all this stuff and she shared with me these AMAZING verses (I had said that I needed to find some and start repeating them to myself when I was even starting to stress out about anything) and I thought I would share them with you :)
"Hear my cry, O God;
Attend to my prayer.
From the end of the earth I will cry to You,
When my heart is overwhelmed; (LOVE THAT PART)
Lead me to the rock that is higher than I."
Psalm 61:1-2
"Truly my soul silently waits for God;
From Him comes my salvation.
He only is my rock and my salvation;
He is my defense;
I shall not be greatly moved.
My soul, wait silently for God alone,
For my expectation is from Him.
He only is my rock and my salvation;
He is my defense;
I shall not be moved.
In God is my salvation and my glory;
The rock of my strength,
And my refuge, is in God.
Trust in Him at all times, you people;
Pour out your heart before Him;
God is a refuge for us. Selah"
Psalm 62:1-2;5-8
So that is were I have kind of been the last few days. We serve an AWESOME God!
Oh, and speaking of surrender-I have a very special guest post coming up that has to do with that very thing so keep your eyes open with in the next few days :)
Blessings to you all :)











1 comment:
Hi those pics were beautiful..!!
so nice to see your friends and you having fun!
thanks for your random comment on my facebook :)
that was sweet!
now to my question :)))))
the hint hint hint at the end of the post....who would this guest poster be who'll post about surrender?
do you mean me??
or do you have someone else lined up?
lol just curious..
because if it's me, lemme know please..because i can write something about surrender..i had a surrender moment this Sunday and this Monday !! :)
let me know either way though..i will repost this to your newest post too, just to make sure you see this :))
Love & HUGS!
Blessings!
To God be all glory!
In His Love, Jane.
Post a Comment