Followers

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Whoa...

Hey all...
So this past weekend was just absolutely horrid. And yet wonderful at the same time.

The horrid:
Some things happened with my mom physically that hadn't happened for 7 years. They happened at a time when it really was not "convenient"! Dad was sick and we had a surprise birthday party for Jen the very next day...you know what though...GOD WAS STILL IN CONTROL! Even though it felt as though my world had been ripped unexpectedly out from under me...GOD WAS STILL IN CONTROL! And you know what? He took care of things! I GREW through it...I didn't run...I stayed...and it was so awesome the fact that I can now look back and think: Wow, I am not the same person I used to be before all this happened. WE SERVE AN AWESOME GOD!!!

The thing was that this happened on Friday and then Mom and Dad were both sick so I decided to step up and take some responsibility and take care of the and the party and be strong for the other kids...you know what? When you do that on your own strength...it doesn't work and you fall apart!

God was so faithful to send some people along through it all to just help us in so many ways! The party went off with out a hitch and Jen was completely surprised! Which was awesome in itself because she was constantly bragging to Mom that she could "never surprise her with a sweet 16 birthday bash because Abby and I had one" blah blah blah! :) It was such a total blessing!

Then we had friends over this entire weekend and...it was just so neat to be able to be a "Kid" again after 2 days of trying to be strong for everyone else! God is so good!

GOD IS SO GOOD!!!


Ok so that was just kind of a sum up of this weekend because I haven't posted in a few days and yeah...have alot of things to think about! SO! IN the meantime! I will hopefully post pictures of the party soon :) Sorry this last paragraph didn't make much sense...I am tired can you tell? lol :-p

Blessings to you all :)

1 comment:

Cody said...

im so sorry about your mom, i was like really concerned when i found out.

the party was awesome and you did a great job :)

and you are one of the awesomest "kids" i know :)