So really quick because I have to go get ready for church I just wanted to share a passage of Scripture I read for my early morning devotions that really encouraged me!
Sometimes it is hard, especially if we have made a lot of mistakes in our past, to think that God would still love us. Would still save us. Yet, this is what HE has to say about it in His Word:
"At one time we too were foolish, disobedient, deceived and enslaved by all kinds of passions and pleasures. We lived in malice and envy, being hated and hating one another. (pretty much sums what we are as human beings!)
But when the kindness and love of God our Savior appeared, he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy.
He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit, whom he poured out on us generously through Jesus Christ our Savior, so that, having been justified by his grace, we might become heirs having the hope of eternal life. "
Titus 3:3-7
What a glorious reminder! It is not works that we have done! We can never be good enough to be saved or be bad enough to not be saved! IT IS THROUGH JESUS CHRIST and BECAUSE OF HIS MERCY HE SAVED US!
What an awesome God we serve! :)
That brought a smile to my face this morning and I hope to yours too :)
Blessings!
14 years ago











6 comments:
:) It's a great reminder! Thank you for sharing this - I need a reminder that it doesn't hinge on me - it's not 'about' me or what I have done (or not done). God is God - yesterday, today, forever. Wow!
Hi Katy --thanks for the thoughts - hope you had a lovely Sunday.
I wanted to also ask you if Rebecca (the rather unusual maiden) is okay -- her blog seems to have disappeared and I don't have her email address to check on her, myself. :)
Hey thank you so much ladies! :) And Rebecca is now blogging at Butterfly Days-http://unusualmaidenbutterflydays.blogspot.com/ :)
A Beautiful passage...it's cool too because I spent some time in that very passage yesterday in the morning message here at LBC. Hey, you told me you were fat - but you don't look fat! Love you! Dad
That is beautiful! It's so easy to allow our hearts to condemn us when Christ has forgiven us!
Great post, great blog. Thanks for stopping by the pantry & friending me. It has been a delight to look over your blog. I hope to stop by often...& I hope you do, too!
Blessings from Ohio...Kim<><
Post a Comment