Followers

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

The Feeling Feminine Challenge 2010-Day 1



Well this is it! Day one! I am so excited :)

So lately I have found one of the neatest accessories
known to...well...woman!

Scarves.

Not just winter scarves mind you.

Any kinds of scarves.

Not only are they really fun
but they also can make a plain outfit
look much more fun and all in a modest way.

Ok, So here is my outfit for Day 1!



Skirt-Thrift store under $3 dollars.
Shirt-Sears sale for $5 dollars AND that included a color coordinated scarf!
Hair-Just a normal up-do. Nothing to it I just shake and clip.
I did add a headband however today.

So this outfit is pretty good. I mean, it is MODEST, includes a SKIRT (what the challenge is all about) and is COMFORTABLE.

But, it is a little bit blah.

SO.

I added a scarf.



Definitely made the difference! And did I mention, IT CAME WITH THE SHIRT!

*Contented Sigh*

I love clearance shopping! :)

Notice me counting up the days?

Yes that is why I am holding up ONE finger. Because, well, it is Day 1.

So, this is going good so far. Of course I have not left the house yet.

Today, I have to go to work.

I am wondering what people's reactions will be.

I wonder if they will even notice the difference.

So today I want you to really try to notice what people's reactions are. Is there a difference in the way people treat you and relate to you?

Also remember that whether or not you have a skirt or jeans on should not be the only deciding factor in whether or not people notice a difference in you.

If you name the name of Jesus Christ then that should be the difference every single day whether or not you are doing a challenge.

He should be the difference.

I can hardly wait to see your pictures :)

I love doing this kind of thing!

May Jesus be glorified!

7 comments:

Kristen said...

Thanks for this, Katy! Right now I am wearing sweats and not feeling feminine at all! I think I'm going to join in with you!! my post will be up later!

Lindsay said...

Love your outfit, Katy!! The scarf
really makes it pop.... very cute! :)

Unknown said...

aww thank you so much. You're encouragement definitely helps. Katy, thanks for the prayers! They're much appeciated. And yes, HE is always Faithful. Thankfully. I would be so lost without Him.

(I'm not sure if you come back to my blog to read my responses, so I'm going to post it on your blogs, too. :) If you do, I apologize for the double comments.)

Lauren Lee Fischer said...

Hi Katy! I'm with you! Skirts are wonderful, I think! :) I'm so excited for this challenge.

lauren

Unworthy said...

What a challenge!
I think pink looks very nice on you :)! I'm going to join you!

God bless

Sarah-Anne said...

Oh, I love the scarf!!

~Rebecca~ said...

Katey, you look absolutely and completely adorable!!Pink is your color!!! I LOVE the scarf!!

Your sis in Him, Rebecca