"Singleness is the incredible opportunity to be fully consecrated in body and spirit to Jesus Christ alone--to be un-distracted by any other romance and free to be consumed by Him. " -Sacred Singleness ♥
But what about those times when all your other friends have boyfriends or at least a guy that is somewhat interesting in them and you are all alone?
YOU NEVER HAVE TO BE A LONE AS A CHILD OF GOD!
"But with every pang of loneliness and every wistful longing for marriage, they lean all the more upon Jesus Christ and find that He is ready and willing to satisfy the cry of their heart--day or night" ~Sacred Singleness ♥
These two quotes have been such a blessing to me!
Truly, I have realized the Jesus Christ really DOES satisfy the cry of my heart day or night. He is such an amazing God!
Are you in a season of singleness?
EMBRACE IT!
I know that is so easy to say, easy to hear and not so easy to do but with God all things are possible!
He will never give us more then we can bear!
He promises to not only give us a future but a HOPE.
We have to learn that our HOPE for our future has to rely on Jesus Christ and not on a mere man.
No one.
Nothing.
Will ever completely satisfy you, fulfill you, or complete you aside from Jesus Christ...
This time were you might be alone in your life.
Embrace it as an opportunity to fall deeper and deeper in love
WITH YOUR SAVIOR!
One of my dear friends sent me this verse yesterday and I thought I would share it with all of you:
"For your Maker is your husband,
The LORD of hosts is His name;
And your Redeemer is the Holy One of Israel;
He is called the God of the whole earth."
-Isaiah 54:5
Isn't that just the most amazing idea ever!?!?!? That the God of this Universe is our HUSBAND?
I pondered that all day yesterday!
What an AWESOME God we serve!
Are you serving Him today?
With what attitude are we approaching our singleness?
Do we see our singleness as a horrid thing and do as much as we can to make sure that we do not remain this way for very long? Because we all know that you can never be happy until you are married?
OR
Do we see this season of our life as something SACRED? Do we see it as a chance to fall more in love with our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ because we know that aside from Him we will never be fully satisfied?
We have to CHOOSE.
What is your choice today?
Again:
"Singleness is the incredible opportunity to be fully consecrated in body and spirit to Jesus Christ alone--to be un-distracted by any other romance and free to be consumed by Him. " -Sacred Singleness ♥
What are we doing with this God-given OPPORTUNITY that not everyone has?
Is Jesus our first love?
Something to think about...
14 years ago











4 comments:
Hi Katy!
Wow, thoughtful post!! It really is true. Although I'm young (very young) 14, to be exact, I'm really, really wanting more guy friends, buuut, that hasn't worked out yet. As you said, "Embrace singleness" maybe I should start thinking of those things!
I have LOADS of girl friends, and it does get a bit boring...but my time will come!
Thanks for posting this!!
In HIM alone,
Amy
Excellent post! He really is the only One who can truly and authentically love us perfectly. Makes me wonder why I don't always put him first. Anyways, glad you are embracing singleness (I like to call it single-arity)
http://meganerbele.blogspot.com/2010/01/on-single-arity_21.html
About two years ago I realized that I needed Jesus to be my first love and to see singleness not as a curse, but a blessing. It's been quite a ride but I don't regret it one bit! Love ya girl!
Emily <3
Thank you for this, Katy =)
I am so amazed at you. You have come through this, still trusting God more than ever. God will surely bless you for your faithfulness - and how your attitude testifies to Him.
You are still in my prayers, sister!
Post a Comment