Followers

Monday, March 1, 2010

Girls-Are YOU Up For The Challenge AGAIN?

Hey all,

So you know that I love to wear skirts :) (Click here to read my views on modesty). This morning I realized that the "7 days in a dress" challenge (hosted regularly by Feeling Feminine) is starting up again TOMORROW, MARCH 2ND and is hosted over at Simply Sarah-Anne.

The challenge is from March 2nd-March 7th. Basically you wear skirts and dress (GASP yup no pants) for 7 days (hence the name) and do your hair in a different hairstyle each day as well.

I am not a "only skirts girl" and believe that it is possible to dress modestly in jeans BUT I also believe it is so important to be feminine and I know that skirts are a wonderful way to do this! I am so excited for spring to come because from that time on I tend to wear mostly skirts because to me they are so much more comfortable then jeans and even capri's.

I believe that we are all called to bring honor and glory to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and I believe that dressing modestly and feminine is so important.
Do I believe that it is wrong to wear pants sometimes and the only thing that we can be modest in is skirts? Absolutely not! I have realized that is not about what I am or what I am not going to wear (obviously to a certain extent). It is about an attitude of the heart. That is where it all stems from! From wanting to honor and glorify Jesus in that area of my life. When people look at me I do not want them to be distracted by what I am (or am not) wearing (especially my brothers in the Lord). Instead, when people look at me I want them to not see me but instead to see my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ shining through me whether they have known me two seconds or 12 years.

I am actually really excited for this opportunity to challenge myself to dress feminine (NOT frumpy) but with a chic ,while still modest, twist.

So how about it girls?
Do you think you would be able to go SEVEN DAYS without jeans?
Do you want to join me?


I will be posting pics of my outfits daily!

Note: this is my second time doing this challenge. Click here to read about what the Lord taught me through this challenge last time: "The Final Day of The Feeling Feminine Challenge".

5 comments:

Emily said...

lol, I'm hosting one over on my blog like I do every other month from March 14-20th! I'm looking forward to seeing your outfits! <3

LocaChica said...

I'm sooo glad you posted this! How you described that to you, you can wear jeans and still be modest, is exactly what I believe! I wear skirts more often than jeans usually, though, just because I have a lot of skirts. I've learned that modesty sometimes can have less to do with your clothes and more to do with your attitude and the condition of your heart. Our clothes DO reflect what/how we believe, though, so we should be wise about what we wear, and about being modest.
I ALWAYS enjoy your blog posts :)
LocaChica

Anonymous said...

Okay girl, you convinced me to do it. I've been thinking about it for a while, but your post made me think "Okay, time to try it." SO I'm joining in and will be posting pictures starting tomorrow as well. :)

Nonexistant anymore said...

I can't wait to see your outfits! I shan't post pictures but I'll wear a different outfit and hairstyle each day. I also mostly wear skirts but believe it is fine to wear modest jeans. I've actually started going back to jeans recently, after being only skirts for a few years, though I still usually wear a skirt. From what I've heard friends say, I think my "skirts only" was actually hindering my witness, so I try to wear jeans in public once in a while now. Anyway, thanks for posting about this!

Princess0479 said...

Katy Hi, i've not heard from you in a long while even with my comments on your FB, but i just want you to KNOW that I LOVE you, you are a wonderful woman of God...just read this today Jeremiah 29:11-14..2 Samuel 22...and Psalm 62, and 144.

I hope these comfort you and that you enjoy the Word of God :))

and one more thing...I think i am going to JOIN YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

in a skirt challenge, i honestly don't know how i can go 7 days with only skirts, and no pants, but i'll find a way, I only have 3-4 skirts TOPS, but i will find different blouses to work with them all :)) and shirts!!

p.s. I might even go to a thrift store or Macy's and try to find 1-2 good new skirts..so yeah i'll join you in this challenge, i remember last YEAR how much you grew from that challenge, it's time for me to go the same route :)

love you dear sis!!

Blessings & Hugs always!!

In His Love, Jane