Followers

Monday, October 3, 2011

In all my ways...


  Trust in the LORD with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; 
  In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He shall direct your paths. 
Proverbs 3:5-6


This morning I woke up with my blog heavy on my heart and so I started to re-evaluate and pray about why I was even writing this blog?

What is my purpose on here?

Am I even reaching anyone? Am I making a difference?

Then I realized what I am not supposed to be doing.

I am not supposed to be writing for people but instead everything that I share on here should be in some way bringing honor and glory to my precious Lord and Savior Jesus Christ by pointing others to His saving grace.

As a result of what the Lord challenged me with-I have added a new page to the top of my blog and it is entitled: "Am I good enought to go to heaven?" It is a test. The ULTIMATE test. If you are not sure I would encourage you to take it. The result truly is life or death.

So I surrendered this blog to HIM once again realizing that this blog is HIS and HIS alone. The verse says in ALL your ways acknowledge Him. And so I am acknowledging Him here and trusting that He will continue to direct in which way this is supposed to go.

It needs to be all about HIM. In every single aspect of our lives! So that was what the Lord laid on my heart today! :)

So today was a good day :) Here in Florida the weather was absolutely GORGEOUS so we took advantage of it and ate outside then Jason practiced his juggling while I read the Bible aloud to him and journaled. It was so nice!



See how that knife is pointed straight at his forehead? Don't worry it didn't hit him ;) I love what the camera catches!!

So then we went to a park and because we got hungry on the way we stopped at good ol' KFC :) But I did have a salad for lunch so that balances it out right? ;)


The park was absolutely beautiful and not really full at all. I had so much fun taking pictures! I really had missed my photography! Hopefully I will be able to get more and more into it again :)




I am 12 weeks and looking it! Whew. According to my midwife TOMORROW I will be 13 weeks and in my second trimester! I am so excited and so thankful to the Lord! Although-today I tried on some old clothes and they didn't fit. Sigh. Ok why I love skirts so much? First they are amazingly comfortable and cool (especially in the Florida heat) and secondly they tend to hide extra baby weight! ;) And yeah I know you are thinking whew she is only 12 weeks she has a long way to go! Gulp. Well, some women have told me that our bodies do change when we get pregnant and wow I am starting to believe it! :)

Then just some pictures with my amazing husband. Truly he was so worth waiting for! I love him so much and am so desiring to be the wife that God calls me to be! He is my greatest gift from my Savior and oh I am so thankful that God's ways are not my ways because I would definitely not be in the place I am now and that would not be good! God is so merciful :)


What we were looking at :) Creation truly does showcase our amazing God! The water is so blue and just absolutely takes your breath away!


 Well, that was my day :) Tomorrow we are off to get our lives transferred to Florida from NY officially (address change, license change for Jason, etc...) May the Lord richly bless each and every one of you! How did the Lord bless you today?




3 comments:

Rachael said...

:) Katy, today He's blessing me through you! Your blog is such an encouragement to me...
I'm not sure just quite how to express what I mean, but I hope you understand... I love your blog because you are real. You are normal, you are not a polished and perfect princess, you have your imperfections and I can connect with that! There are so many things you write that I think sound so much like me, and I don't let you know that via comments very often... I should do that more!
I've been reading your blog for... oh, a few years now, and I always find something new... a new challenge, something new to smile at, re-newed hope and new ideas. It's wonderful!
Thank you for surrendering your blog to the Lord - He is using it and you to be a blessing!
All the best with your pregnancy... congrats on reaching your second trimester! :) How exciting... Woohoo! :D You and Jason are so super cute together...
Blessings! You're beautiful, woman of God!
xx
Rachael

Anonymous said...

Hi! My name is Kalean. I have been silently following your blog for over a year now and am so blessed by everything I read on here! I was so thrilled to read about,and see pictures of,your courtship and marriage to Jason and I was even more thrilled to hear of your pregnancy! I am commenting because I know of a website where you can buy modest maternity skirts/tops/dresses. themodestmomblog.com has adorable maternity clothing ,but her merchandise is slightly expensive. You can also friend her on facebook under the name "The Modest Mom". I have been blessed to have so many people that care about me and advise me to keep me on the straight and narrow way,and lately I have been reminded of that. God is so good and has a great plan for my life! Thanks for sharing your heart so that readers can see that "I am not the only one who goes through these things"
Blessings to you!

syddcase said...

Katy my darling girl! Finally joined the new millenium and got this account thing! Who knows, maybe I'll be more savvy than you someday! Awesome baby pics. This grandchild is already precious to me...Love you so so much! Mom