Followers

Saturday, October 8, 2011

O Victory in Jesus!

An Excerpt from my prayer journal dated Monday, September 26, 2011:

"Yesterday in church Pastor was in part seven of his series on no limits. One thing I have been learning about lately is taking control of my thoughts. It seemed impossible but then he was talking about how we have guarenteed victory in You Lord!
'But thanks be to God!
 He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
  Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm.
 Let nothing move you.
 Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord,
 because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.'
-1 Corinthians 15:57-58

Wow! I (and every single child of God) have the victory in and through my Precious Savior Jesus Christ!!

The next point was how in our guarenteed victory we have absolutely incredible weapons:
'
'For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)
 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;'
-2 Corinthians 10:3-5

Casting down imaginations and bringing into captivity every thought to the obediance of Christ. That is what I really need to work on! The awesome thing though is that I can have the victory over these seemingly giants in my life because of Jesus christ and His power working in my! Thank You Jesus!

And to think-that I also have angels to help me as well according to this verse:

 'The angel of the LORD encamps all around those who fear Him,
And delivers them
Oh, taste and see that the LORD is good;
Blessed is the man who trusts in Him!
  Oh, fear the LORD, you His saints!
There is no want to those who fear Him.
1 The young lions lack and suffer hunger;
But those who seek the LORD shall not lack any good thing.'
-Psalms 34:7-10
Wow! Wow! Wow! Oh my Jesus! Thank You! Now Lord, help me today to live this out. To take these precious promises and stand on them believing that You will bring them to pass. Help me Lord...

I have been allowing myself to listen to the enemies lies and live in defeat. Forgive me for that Lord and help me to move forward in victory from that lifestyle. Victory I can claim in and through You as YOUR child! Thank you Jesus!

In Your Name I pray,
Amen "

What is something in your life that you know that Jesus can give you victory in? Our God is so good and we do not have to live in defeat! We have the victory, the battle is already won, in and through Jesus!

So often we live in defeat though...

I needed this reminder and these precious promises today, Lord willing you did too :)

Have a blessed day!

Oh and on a side note:

I took this really neat picture of a Florida grasshopper (or are they locusts?) well, whatever they are they are big! Anyway I took this picture this morning and thought it was so cool!


Cute little guy huh? :) Have an amazing day! :) Keep your eyes on our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ :)


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a remarkable and very Challenging post Katy :)
Thank you for sharing :)
God bless

Anonymous said...

I don't really know the reason why they say :"anonymous", but just wanted to let you know that I posted the comment above.
Joelle (she is unworthy)

HIS daughter said...

Awww thanks Joelle :) yeah that is really weird that it says anonymous! Thanks for sharing though :)
Blessings!

Aaron and Anna said...

Hi Katy! I have really enjoyed your blog and have read almost everything! Thanks for your encouraging comment on youngandmarried.net .

HIS daughter said...

Awww thank you Anna! I will definitely have to keep up with you and your hubby on your blog :)
Blessings!